C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Hey guys,
Several year back I was planning to purchase a truck I saw setting on the dealer's lot. Looked great, nice exterior color contrast, nice trim package, it was beautiful! However, when I sat inside, all the gloss and grandeur faded away because there was a hood scoop, an operating air intake that looked great on the truck but it also obstructed my line of vision and made the truck hard for me to drive and judge where the finder were. It was just an overall bad fit and I did not purchase the vehicle.

Does anyone plan to purchase the Cybetruck sight unseen without walking around it, setting in it, driving it, etc...?

Setting in the forementioned truck made all the difference, I didn't even need to drive it after that. I knew it wasn't for me, but it was beautiful!!!
Sponsored

fantomas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazdas
Country flag
I'm not estimated to receive my truck until June 2023 and by then the reviews will be in for it so I won't sweat about it until they say people of my height can't see out of it. I'm more concerned about my 4'11" wife, but cars that have driver seats that lift up are no problem for her.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey guys,
Several year back I was planning to purchase a truck I saw setting on the dealer's lot. Looked great, nice exterior color contrast, nice trim package, it was beautiful! However, when I sat inside, all the gloss and grandeur faded away because there was a hood scoop, an operating air intake that looked great on the truck but it also obstructed my line of vision and made the truck hard for me to drive and judge where the finder were. It was just an overall bad fit and I did not purchase the vehicle.

Does anyone plan to purchase the Cybetruck sight unseen without walking around it, setting in it, driving it, etc...?

Setting in the forementioned truck made all the difference, I didn't even need to drive it after that. I knew it wasn't for me, but it was beautiful!!!
I've bought three cars sight unseen (a Volvo and two Tesla) but I was able to read numerous
reviews before actually taking legal ownership. With enough detailed reviews, I can tell whether I will like it or not.

We also have two Cybertrucks on order and fully expect the reviews will be all over the place before our reservations are ready. In any case, you can always sit in it before handing over the check.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Hey guys,

Have you been in a Tesla? With no engine up front the visibility for driver and passenger is excellent and the higher vehicles like MX and MY even better. So ‘that’ won’t be an issue. Why not go test drive a Model X?

Anyway, if you aren’t in the first batch by reservation number you will probably be able to see one in a showroom. Personally, from my experiences with Teslas, I expect ‘awesome’ will be the experience word, let alone disappointment.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Hey guys,

My first experience in a Tesla center was underwhelming. The model 3 test drive car wasn't ready, the autopilot didn't work, the rep said she would get back to us and never did, and the Model X layout made zero sense to our family. The whole thing was a bit of a waste. We ended up buying a model 3 due to the autopilot and my wife's drive to work. (The joke is on us as she works from home from now on.) I had to rationalize a lot of things to be okay with the purchase. This time around I know I'm walking into a mess.

Back to the original question. Yes, I would buy the truck sight unseen. I put my reservation in about a month after the reveal so they'll likely be a display at the center before I get mine. Even if there wasn't, I'm going for it. If there is something that I truly can't deal with about the truck, then I'll resell it. My model3 has a lot of road noise, a comparable BMW or Lexus (hell, even a Honda Accord) does not. The things that I want, autopilot, speed, EV are things that the others don't offer. Tesla will put it in a CyberTruck form with 500 miles, I'm all-in...unless I'm not and then I resell it.

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
My first experience in a Tesla center was underwhelming. The model 3 test drive car wasn't ready, the autopilot didn't work, the rep said she would get back to us and never did, and the Model X layout made zero sense to our family. The whole thing was a bit of a waste. We ended up buying a model 3 due to the autopilot and my wife's drive to work. (The joke is on us as she works from home from now on.) I had to rationalize a lot of things to be okay with the purchase. This time around I know I'm walking into a mess.

Back to the original question. Yes, I would buy the truck sight unseen. I put my reservation in about a month after the reveal so they'll likely be a display at the center before I get mine. Even if there wasn't, I'm going for it. If there is something that I truly can't deal with about the truck, then I'll resell it. My model3 has a lot of road noise, a comparable BMW or Lexus (hell, even a Honda Accord) does not. The things that I want, autopilot, speed, EV are things that the others don't offer. Tesla will put it in a CyberTruck form with 500 miles, I'm all-in...unless I'm not and then I resell it.
Make sense! Appreciate you sharing your experience.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I guess I won't get to see , and certainly not sit in a Cybertruck before I can get mine here in Australia. I reserved in July 2020; so a long wait for the dual.
I read somewhere that 140,000 have been ordered in Oz!!?? It seems very high as there have only been just over 10,000 TOTAL Teslas delivered here ALL UP?
If it takes to long to get, the FSD better be good because I may need that.
I do have trouble seeing around the rear view mirror on my Subaru Forester, 2009 seems to have a very large RVM? Hopefully the CT will NOT have RVMs.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey guys,

I was told by Tesla U.K. that they will be getting a static model for people to check out, unfortunately no test drives, I contacted them last year when there were rumours about it not being available here in the U.K., however things maybe different now.
l’ve looked for their email to me for the persons name and contact details but I can’t seem to find it.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
if a Cybertruck shows up at our Tesla center in CO Springs, we'll be booking a test drive in that thing immediately, I can't wait.

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
if a Cybertruck shows up at our Tesla center in CO Springs, we'll be booking a test drive in that thing immediately, I can't wait.
That would be cool!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hey guys,

Yeah, I'm not going to need a test drive. Sight unseen for me, it's a done deal. Wrap it up, I'll take it! I should say though, that I've already seen it in person at the Peterson Auto Museum when it was on public display for a couple of weeks. It was well worth driving two hours each way to see it. There is nothing that could talk me out of it.
Sponsored