Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sorry, what does Ukraine's trade have to do with Russia destabilizing the oil aupply for the world and making manufacturing costs go up around the world?

-Crissa
Sponsored

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
Tighten its belt? Where?

-Crissa
6.6 trillion federal budget. I am sure that one of the 6,600 billion dollars could be saved without service disruption domestically, that is .015%. I can find that percentage of my annual budget in a coat pocket I haven't worn in 3 months. Please don't read this as being nationalistic, you must secure your own oxygen mask before helping others.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
6.6 trillion federal budget. I am sure that one of the 6,600 billion dollars could be saved without service disruption domestically, that is .015%. I can find that percentage of my annual budget in a coat pocket I haven't worn in 3 months. Please don't read this as being nationalistic, you must secure your own oxygen mask before helping others.
That's amazingly not an answer.

See, it's not so easy, is it?

Every dollar you take out of the US budget is a dollar out of someone else's pocket. A pothole unfilled. A bridge that collapses. A vet's dinner or roof. A science program that saves lives. Raw science that won't otherwise get done... Which means the next Tesla can't be built. Or the student doesn't get educated that would have done that.

Sure, it's tough to make sure every dollar gets spent right. But there's people looking at that already. Lots of people. Unlike for private business.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Just saw this today:

Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.

-George Burns

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
So because I didn't break down exactly where 1 billion of 6.6 trillion budget can be saved I have failed to provide an answer? What a loser of a way to try and make a point.

Every dollar you take out of the US budget is a dollar out of someone else's pocket. A pothole unfilled. A bridge that collapses. A vet's dinner or roof. A science program that saves lives. Raw science that won't otherwise get done... Which means the next Tesla can't be built. Or the student doesn't get educated that would have done that.

Where to the dollars for US budget come from if not taxes which are paid by who? Our collective pockets. Every dollar that the gov does not take is not a dollar out of someone's pocket but rather a dollar left in a pocket, a persons pocket not a corporation because this is for the people not the corps. You seem to think I am suggesting we don't fix bridges and roads, or help our vets ect... And "education" is an overpriced joke as it is implemented.

Sure, it's tough to make sure every dollar gets spent right. But there's people looking at that already. Lots of people. Unlike for private business.

-Crissa
So you are saying that no one in private business looks at the bottom line? What lemonade stand do you work for?

Is the memes not government waste? You seem to have a lot of trust that your government is operating in good faith.

FutureBoy, every one of those people you are disparaging by proxy 100% has the right to vote and hold office. To declare that someone is too dumb is just well....dumb, just look at KM, AOC, or jewish space lasers, MTG. I hereby declare that you shall go count other peoples pennies somewhere else.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, because you handwave 'there must be a dollar to save' it is not an answer.

'Fewer people' is not 'no one'. Memes are not statistics.

You namedrop some people. Let's look up AOC's educational record...
Wikipedia said:
She came in second in the microbiology category of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in 2007 with a research project on the effect of antioxidants on the lifespan of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans.[17][18] In a show of appreciation for her efforts, the MIT Lincoln Laboratory named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez.[19][20] In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship.[21]

After graduating from high school, Ocasio-Cortez enrolled at Boston University. Her father died of lung cancer in 2008 during her second year,[22][23] and Ocasio-Cortez became involved in a lengthy probatebattle to settle his estate. ...[24] During college, Ocasio-Cortez served as an intern for U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy in his section on foreign affairs and immigration issues.[25] ... Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude[26] from Boston University in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in both international relations and economics.[27][28][21][29]
Noted, nothing other than her nick-name was dropped, but whatevs.

I refer back to my prior post if you have more questions.

-Crissa

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
Yes, because you handwave 'there must be a dollar to save' it is not an answer.

'Fewer people' is not 'no one'. Memes are not statistics.

You namedrop some people. Let's look up AOC's educational record...

Noted, nothing other than her nick-name was dropped, but whatevs.

I refer back to my prior post if you have more questions.

-Crissa
A common sense observation would be that generally .015% of anything can be saved. There ARE dollars to be saved you just don't want to concede the point. You dismiss with the same caviler attitude that you claim I have. A system as large and as complex as our....f-that...you know what. Read this and come back and tell me government is fantastic at money. /post

I am well aware of AOC's education, waving someone else's piece of paper in my face does not make them, or you, smart. As an answer to Futureboy's copy paste I point out 3 people who are in government and at the very least say/do objectively silly and dumb things.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An article, from 2002, illustrating how there are always extra people looking out for waste because it's a public issue, nit a private one?

Gosh. Isn't that what I said?

-Crissa

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
An article, from 2002, illustrating how there are always extra people looking out for waste because it's a public issue, nit a private one?

Gosh. Isn't that what I said?

-Crissa
Yes, an article from 20 years ago pointing out how 2.3t has gone missing, as in no one can tell you what it was spent on. That is 1/3rd of today's budget and over half of gov "revenue" btw. Dismissing this as too old to be relevant is scary, don't forget just how large a number 1t is. Please tell me, what has changed since then to make you think that gov has gotten better?

You clearly missed this part "The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?'.... He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off. "

So no, that is not what you said when put into context. You attempted to use the position that because people are looking at waste by gov there is someone doing something about it, a false assumption. So when does that $2.3t check come in the mail?

*edit* 3.68t adjusted for inflation.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
FutureBoy, every one of those people you are disparaging by proxy 100% has the right to vote and hold office. To declare that someone is too dumb is just well....dumb, just look at KM, AOC, or jewish space lasers, MTG. I hereby declare that you shall go count other peoples pennies somewhere else.
Not sure what you think I was pointing out. Interesting though that you took it as disparagement. I don’t have any problem with you holding whatever view it is that you hold. Same with any other person you think I was talking about by proxy.

I assume you were responding to the quote from George Burns. I have no idea what his intended message was. And short of a quick séance, none of us can go ask him what the intent was.

Based on your response, it seems like you have a much different interpretation of the quote than I did. To each his own.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

-Crissa
Thats not true on so many levels.

US spends a lot more than its tax revenue, all from fractional lending of fiat currency against gov bonds etc.

"In 2021, the government spent $6.82 trillion. · In Fiscal Year 2021, the federal government collected $4.05 trillion in federal revenue"

Further all tax proceeds are collected by a private company called the fed. Technically, they are not part of the government. So what comes out of our pockets doesn't even go to the gov. Neither does it pay for everything the gov does as they borrow from our collective futures using us as collateral. Now you know why there is so much waste, because there is no "interest" in reducing the flow of capital to the top through whatever means possible, as this defeats the purpose of a ponzi scheme that it is based on.

Spending effectiveness of governments is negative, which is what private citizens have to counteract with increased productivity.

This is because all products and services, even those provided by government, or is artificially forced by its spending of fiat currency, relies solely on the labour of private citizens that adds value to natural resources, produced by us the people.

Government is a form of organisation to "manage" people. Without people there is no organisation or government.

Once again, this all comes back to the ownership fallacy which without you cannot have trade. This is also why slavery "works", by removing the ownership of labour, and with it the value of labour that it provides through products and services being created from natural resources. It is removed by the function of inequity resulting from iniquity.

Nothing has changed in the method of exploitation of the working class, as people are not educated (read progammed) to know this, just as slaves are mostly deprived of an education as well to limit their ability to perceive. Failing at school means you don't conform to the system of thinking, that does not mean, however, it has anything to do with how it is.

But generally, thinking to change current government by re-implementing the same system will only end up with the system winning. It's designed to be stable, and therefore not change. The best way to promote systemic change is to not be a dependant of the system in the first place.

This is where Teslabot is so disruptive, because it has ability to outsource our slavery without a moral cost. If implemented correctly to produce excess rather than scarcity.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, Donald Rumsfeld is a bad example.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304584004576416271311589238

And really, so is defense spending. No one else can do it, and sure, I'll agree we shouldn't waste money on dark money projects, but the party that goes on about 'waste fraud abuse' never seems to actually rein in defense spending.

-Crissa

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
Honestly, Donald Rumsfeld is a bad example.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304584004576416271311589238

And really, so is defense spending. No one else can do it, and sure, I'll agree we shouldn't waste money on dark money projects, but the party that goes on about 'waste fraud abuse' never seems to actually rein in defense spending.

-Crissa
Link does not work

Donald bears no relevance to what is factually important, that is character deflection. DoD has accountants just like any other department, you are trying to construct a straw man. You can't simply say dark to explain it all away. Partisanship has nothing to do with it, American politics is a garbage heap. Which layer of garbage do you want to be in?

More waste:
"Not only do these types of avoidable errors waste millions of taxpayers' dollars annually and expose our citizens to identity theft, but they also undermine confidence in our government."

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
Link works on all the computers I've tried it on?

https://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=WSJ+the+peril+of+defense+cuts+rumsfeld

Also... Your article found 4 thousand cases of fraud out of 6500 thousand. A rate of less than 0.006%.

47% of those receiving Social Security would be in poverty without government assistance. 13% still are.

-Crissa
You must be intentionally missing the point because I never talked about taking SS away from people and neither does the article I linked. I don't care if it is one case of out 6.5m, when it adds up to millions of dollars your percentage of cases is irrelevant.

And to your WSJ links both work ? honey I lost the money has nothing to do with defense spending cuts because they had the cash. If you have a food budget of $100 and you lose $50 I did not cut your food budget by 50%, you are a moron, metaphorically, in the theoretical example proposed for losing $50.
Sponsored