Questions on autopilot with the Cybertruck

sjarriel

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor CyberTruck (Foundation Series)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, you confirm by just a momentary tap of the accelerator. Unlike FSD, that is looking and analyzing all around, TAC has blinders on and won’t see somebody about to run a red light, thus it needs your confirmation that it’s clear. The exception is if it’s following another vehicle, then it uses that as a sign it is safe.

Thanks for the clarification! I learned a while back about TAC following a car in front through an intersection. With the number of folks who are ok with running red lights in Houston, I will always disengage TAC if I am behind another vehicle, approaching an intersection when the light changes to yellow.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Frank_Castle

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
No, you confirm by just a momentary tap of the accelerator. Unlike FSD, that is looking and analyzing all around, TAC has blinders on and won’t see somebody about to run a red light, thus it needs your confirmation that it’s clear. The exception is if it’s following another vehicle, then it uses that as a sign it is safe.
If the truck knows the difference between a green, yellow and red light - it shouldn't slow down. At least for me, where I'm in a relatively non-populated \ busy place.

Also, I turned off all auto-pilot extra settings (like obstacle detection, etc), and for me at least, there are still streets where the truck locks up the brakes. Nothing on the road, no lights, no signs, etc. Super annoying, so I basically drive by pedal 95% of the time. I would happily take a generic cruise with no speed matching, etc - if it would stop braking on it's own.

Hoping the 20k upgrade price and FSD fixes some of these things.

OUTLAW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, M5
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
Good information here.
is there anyway to make the cruise control less sensitive? I was driving on the highway today and it was 50 yards from another car and was taking forever to speed back up.

joesdayjob

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw xm label , cybertruck when it arrives
Occupation
sneaker store owner
Country flag
about to pick up CB tmrw , im new to tesla , what cruise do we have now ?

NO lane keep .

do we have cruise control ?

can i set to to 80 mph and sit there , my bmw looks at my eyes to make sure i am aware ... how does the cyber truck do cruise ?

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
If the truck knows the difference between a green, yellow and red light - it shouldn't slow down. At least for me, where I'm in a relatively non-populated \ busy place.

Also, I turned off all auto-pilot extra settings (like obstacle detection, etc), and for me at least, there are still streets where the truck locks up the brakes. Nothing on the road, no lights, no signs, etc. Super annoying, so I basically drive by pedal 95% of the time. I would happily take a generic cruise with no speed matching, etc - if it would stop braking on it's own.

Hoping the 20k upgrade price and FSD fixes some of these things.
It slows down for all lights because without the FSD logic it hasn’t cleared the side streets for traffic that might be running a red light. In NM, for one, it seems SOP and OK for drivers to run the first few seconds of a red light. It’s bizarre and unsat but they do it. If the Tesla went on a green light and got T-boned it would be front page news even though the other driver ran their red light. With FSD, it is looking and analyzing traffic in all directions and thus, can go through green lights with confidence.
Sponsored