Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Would be great to see the CT parked next to an ICE truck to get an idea of the scale.
When Elon and Jay Leno took the CT for a drive, I did this frame-grab for scale.

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) comparison
Sponsored

AWD_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru 2.5RS Turbo
Occupation
Waste Management
Country flag
When Elon and Jay Leno took the CT for a drive, I did this frame-grab for scale.

comparison.jpg

Besides the left rear looking a little low on air, it appears it wont be too difficult to back up on top of a Model 3 that decided to crowd a supercharger stall. :-D

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
From Eletritek Link includes short video from construction site. Just the ramp here.

Tesla-Cybertruck-bed.jpg
I just noticed the extended ramp is different there with a lot more grip than the image on the actual Tesla site with only linear strips.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just noticed the extended ramp is different there with a lot more grip than the image on the actual Tesla site with only linear strips.
There are a lot of the initial release shots which are renders and not real photos. All of the IRL photos look like this.

Obxcast

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape hybrid; Model Y SR
Occupation
Program Director
Country flag
I just hope that Tesla steps up their QC on the Cybertruck. They need to copy Audi which is known for tight panel tolerances and near perfect panel alignment. I understand this a concept vehicle but the misaligned panels really stood out when viewing the truck in person.

F5F65E31-E26E-4878-AA40-9626140C32D5.jpeg
CF5DA383-F94C-42BA-A8C4-90615044E9AF.jpeg
I hear you there. I am sure this is just because its a prototype. But, I will say that when you get your Cybertruck, if its misaligned, they will fix it. Our Model Y was misaligned when we bought it and they fixed it for free in a few hours and its now perfect. It was an easy process that didn't take long and they gave us a free rental during the 3 hour process. Great service.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I remember Elon or Franz mentioning that stamping has wider tolerances naturally than creases and folding because of the nature of steel having a variable amount of spring in it.

So that using folded pieces can be more accurate than stamped ones.

-Crissa

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I find the head-on view and front 3/4 view the most endearing, from those angles it looks phenomenal. However I also do think that when viewing the sides and rear straight-on it looks kinda ugly, at least in photos. Parking it on stage during the presentation with that flat side view didn't do it any favors IMHO.

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) tesla-cybertruck-reveal

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Found a few more which I don't think I've archived here. These were actually found on this site so I don't have a proper source.

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) e1i6nmfviaaodeg-jpe

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) cybertruck-giga-texas-visit-1

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) tesla-cybertruck-production-estimate-tsla-1536x864

HUM469

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Dual motor one day (position 71k on res. #)
Country flag
Another good one showing off the reflective skin. Good shot of the tires (assuming they make it to production). These look like they have pretty decent street treads.
Just curious as to why you don't think a standard Goodyear Wrangler wouldn't be used in production? I mean the mud terrain with Kevlar varient isn't a common choice by OEMs, but there aren't too many other options that can handle the payload plus speed.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just curious as to why you don't think a standard Goodyear Wrangler wouldn't be used in production? I mean the mud terrain with Kevlar varient isn't a common choice by OEMs, but there aren't too many other options that can handle the payload plus speed.
Could very well be.

My feeling is Tesla may sacrifice mud and off-roading if they need to hit range targets. Aside from that, you are probably right. It's also possible it will be an option.
Sponsored