Really? A work truck?

rupeba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With the price of replacing batteries so high, I hope they install in the software and hardware a break point to isolate bad battery banks to lowest strings, and other 2 cents, if this is a work truck, I like to see it when you have gravel on the bed, and not a flunky ATV.just saying.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Good thing you'll have an 8yr/120k mile warranty on battery and drive train.

It wont be their first battery so I'm sure it'll have repair options. Even if structural

Plus, I'm sure you'll see gravel. You pretty close to the beginning of the line? If not you'll see it. But considering payload projected stats. I think it'll be ok

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So far Tesla has really emphasized long battery life and minimal degradation over years of ownership in their designs, as evidenced by their long battery warranty. Most Tesla owners have had minimal battery degradation over the past 5 or more years, and there are a few video testimonials of these ownership experiences.

Tesla has also striven to minimize costs with material sourcing, recycling, and economy of scale for battery manufacturing, and analysts have stated that battery costs will decrease over the next few years as a result. There are many videos discussing Tesla's battery sustainability as well.

I don't think Tesla is interested in making replaceable battery modules because those type of containment structures add complexity for both the design and cooling loops, as well as additional weight. Elon did tell us they were eliminating battery modules and designing a structural pack to serve dual purposes of housing cells and providing vehicle structural integrity. I would suggest watching Tesla's Battery Day video. But we won't know exactly what's in the Cybertruck battery pack until someone like Sandy gets theirs and does a tear-down.

I have gravel in my floor mats I'm having to clean out every so often. :) I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the Cybertruck vault (bed) durability. There was a video and images a few months back of the Cybertruck at the factory with mud on the sides and tires:

Tesla Cybertruck Really? A work truck? 1679933502166

To me it looked 'right at home'.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
With the price of replacing batteries so high, I hope they install in the software and hardware a break point to isolate bad battery banks to lowest strings, and other 2 cents, if this is a work truck, I like to see it when you have gravel on the bed, and not a flunky ATV.just saying.
are you serious? this comes across as trolling.