Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
Elon just confirmed the Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. They are adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns and maneuver with high agility.
He added; "lots of other great things coming".
Sponsored

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So I interpret Elon’s comment to mean that looking at the CT there will be almost no noticeable differences. Internally though, almost anything could be on the table. 4 wheel steering was a pipe dream in my mind. If the outside has no difference then I’m guessing there will be no side mirrors. Beyond that who knows what crazy surprises there will be.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
So are we back to not taking the 3% off?
Are we getting a hummer for our CT reservation? Can you sprinkle a little bit of Rivian (full size spare in bed)? While you are at it throw in a Gonculator too.
I want to see stuff, Twits are not updates. Show me the darn new CT. I am not holding my breath for mid-gate but I waanna see if there is a more useful better looking dash

Rant aside, it sounds like it is not cancelled yet so that is a good news.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think the main reason for 4 wheel steering is the long wheel base the CT has (esp. With thise 35"). It just won't be very nimble without it. Has to come with a price increase though I think.

I was also very hopeful that they would have it on such a large car, but I thought the price wouldn't allow for it. Will be excellent off road. Should have crab steer n co. Hopefully automatically crabs on highway lane changes too and is speed dependant.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So are we back to not taking the 3% off?
Are we getting a hummer for our CT reservation? Can you sprinkle a little bit of Rivian too?
I want to see stuff, Twits are not updates. Show me the darn new CT.

Rant aside, it sounds like it is not cancelled yet so that is a good news.
We lost the 3% downsize in a previous tweet a few months ago.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Are you saying it will be the original size? I am down with that.
Yep. I think either way is fine, because theres enough volume to absorb the change without affecting cabin or bed length.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I expect some fully tricked out auto trailer steering too. Much more useful than a tank turn for a work truck.

Given the flat walls in the bed over the rear fenders though which are space constrainted already, I'm only expecting a partial steering angle lock compared to the front. But I'll take anything. Will be epic in sand and offroad if the rear track can mostly follow the front track on demand, or to get unbogged.

Also nice to have if you want the CT to follow the sun for solar charging. Built in tracking!

Another thing you could do is summon it sideways so you can get in in a tight parking spot. Now we just need inboard brakes like the bollinger and we're up to spec.

BTW the rear suspension is likely to be pushrod (like a F1 car) because there is no room for the suspension riser in a fenderless bed. Who knows maybe front and rear will be the same now to bring parts numbers down? Would allow more travel. :unsure:

Question is this a late design change or just delayed info?