DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Given what happens to most other pickups when they roll over, I think I will take the Cybertruck.
Ford-Super-Duty-Rollover-2-1536x832.jpg

Source here.
Considering how easily the passenger cabin gets crushed flat in regular trucks that roll/flip, this is a pretty awesome result for the cybertruck.

IMG_4490.jpeg
Yea updated first post with evidence that this is from a Ditch Rollover crash test!

F5ds2ulbIAAhpKx.jpeg
WOW, based on these pictures of GM and Ford trucks that suffered a rollover, this result from the Cybertruck looks fantastic. That apex on the roof is showing its benefits.

By the way, here is some information on "rollover" at MGA research:

You searched for rollover - MGA Research
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
WOW, based on these pictures of GM and Ford trucks that suffered a rollover, this result from the Cybertruck looks fantastic. That apex on the roof is showing its benefits.

By the way, here is some information on "rollover" at MGA research:

You searched for rollover - MGA Research
In this Tesla CYBERTRUCK Rollover, we can safely say that presented here is an example of complete 'TRUSS'
Engineered like a BRICK S*#T HOUSE.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
WOW, based on these pictures of GM and Ford trucks that suffered a rollover, this result from the Cybertruck looks fantastic.
can you share the crash/rollover conditions (eg speed, etc) and the model years of the GM and F150’s shown?

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
can you share the crash/rollover conditions (eg speed, etc) and the model years of the GM and F150’s shown?
Nope, don't have them for these pictures, but I look forward to apples to apples IIHS safety ratings between these 3 brands.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I spent 10 minutes looking for the rollover testing results for trucks, SUVs, but I kept getting frontal, front off-set, side impact, side pole impact...
I found some cool videos for Tesla... but not any Ford, Chevy, nor Dodge bragging about their rollover results.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I believe my family will be safer then they ever have driving in the CT.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...illion-jury-verdict-in-truck-rollover-lawsuit

The Hills were crushed inside the truck, said James Butler, a lawyer representing the plaintiffs in the case.

Lawyers for the Hill family argued at trial that the roofs installed on the 1999-2016 Super-Duty trucks had a defective design, were dangerously weak, and that the company allegedly knew of the risks they posed.

The plaintiffs’ attorneys also said in a pretrial order that Ford has identified 162 lawsuits involving roof-crush incidents in these specific model-year trucks.

Surfbigisland

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
excuse the aside, but this is an impressive calling

do you have a website/donation page (I googled, but no certainty)?
Thank you so much. I have a go fund me page, but you should save your money right now because I had to suspend my operations and move to NYC to take care of my Father. I'll be here for another year and then I'll resume operations. When I get back, I'm hoping to really ramp up my operations, establish my 501-C3 status and a hotline for the Northern half of the island and the West side. It's a huge island, so that's a lot of territory, that's why I'm stoked about the Cybertruck, no emissions, guilt free transportation. 🤩

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I spent 10 minutes looking for the rollover testing results for trucks, SUVs, but I kept getting frontal, front off-set, side impact, side pole impact...
I found some cool videos for Tesla... but not any Ford, Chevy, nor Dodge bragging about their rollover results.
Me neither. According to IIHS:

"IIHS currently conducts four crashworthiness evaluations — the moderate overlap front, driver-side small overlap front, passenger-side small overlap front and side tests. We evaluate front crash prevention systems for their ability to recognize and brake for pedestrians, and we also rate headlight systems, seat belt reminders and the child seat attachment hardware known as LATCH.

Although we no longer conduct evaluations of roof strength, head restraints and vehicle-to-vehicle front crash prevention, you can still find those ratings for older models on our website."

Source:
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/about-our-tests#roof-strength-test-2009-2022

That's only for roof strength. It says nothing about rollover tests.

Maybe that's why Tesla used MGA Research to do the Rollover test, which would be particularly important for a bottom heavy EV.

I'd be interested in seeing a rollover test and results for the F150 Lightning, and eventually the Silverado EV.

If someone finds one, do us a favor and post it up.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Thank you so much. I have a go fund me page, but you should save your money right now because I had to suspend my operations and move to NYC to take care of my Father. I'll be here for another year and then I'll resume operations. When I get back, I'm hoping to really ramp up my operations, establish my 501-C3 status and a hotline for the Northern half of the island and the West side. It's a huge island, so that's a lot of territory, that's why I'm stoked about the Cybertruck, no emissions, guilt free transportation. 🤩
Say hello to you Dad. Best from Australia.
Keep On CYBERTRUCKING....

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'd be interested in seeing a rollover test and results for the F150 Lightning, and eventually the Silverado EV.

If someone finds one, do us a favor and post it up.
No standardized rating body does ‘ditch’ rollovers such as this, nor other rollover tests where vehicles are rolled

They instead determine essentially propensity to roll over as well as roof strength - because engineers

Manufacturers variously do ditch rollover and other types of rollover simulations

BaddaBing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Country flag
Updated: this was a ditch rollover crash tested Cybertruck

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.25.43 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.26.19 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.26.38 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.27.10 PM.jpg

screenshot_20230907_193247_firefox-jpg.jpg

F5ds2ulbIAAhpKx.jpeg
Keeping in mind that a Ditch RollOver is much different than a rollover that occurs while traveling at 100+ mph.
Updated: this was a ditch rollover crash tested Cybertruck

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.25.43 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.26.19 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.26.38 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.27.10 PM.jpg

screenshot_20230907_193247_firefox-jpg.jpg

F5ds2ulbIAAhpKx.jpeg

BaddaBing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Country flag
Perhaps a crash test?
Keeping in mind that a Ditch Rollover is not even close to what happens in a Rollover while doing 100+ MPH. That will be the one that I want to see & I am confident that it will perform beyond that of any other truck on the market.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
what happens in a Rollover while doing 100+ MPH. That will be the one that I want to see & I am confident that it will perform beyond that of any other truck on the market.
meaning occupants will die … a bit later?
Sponsored