Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
8000 ton press is about to arrive at giga Texas. They install it in about 1 week and it's literally off to the presses. No I don't have any knowledge other than what has been reported by Elon. First production in 4th quarter 2021.
I agree.

People keep projecting delays into this launch, but there are some pretty big hints that it will be on time. The big one being the fact that they are still listing 4Q 2021 as the launch date on their site.

The other big one is the launch of the Model Y which went pretty much bang on to schedule.

Cybertruck update or not, we're almost certainly going to get some more concrete idea of when deliveries start on the 28th as part of the earnings call.
Sponsored

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I agree.

People keep projecting delays into this launch, but there are some pretty big hints that it will be on time. The big one being the fact that they are still listing 4Q 2021 as the launch date on their site.

The other big one is the launch of the Model Y which went pretty much bang on to schedule.

Cybertruck update or not, we're almost certainly going to get some more concrete idea of when deliveries start on the 28th as part of the earnings call.
In all seriousness, I think Tesla has learned it's lesson on schedule prediction with m3. A lesson that Rivian may (or not, I don't know) be going through now.

The year anniversary of giga Texas ground breaking is coming up. Everyone said it was impossible to complete it in a year, and alas, they're pretty damn close.

Either way, I'm like number 5 billion on the wait list haha, but I do think they've gotten much better at assuming delays WILL happen, and setting closer to realistic timelines.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In all seriousness, I think Tesla has learned it's lesson on schedule prediction with m3. A lesson that Rivian may (or not, I don't know) be going through now.

The year anniversary of giga Texas ground breaking is coming up. Everyone said it was impossible to complete it in a year, and alas, they're pretty damn close.

Either way, I'm like number 5 billion on the wait list haha, but I do think they've gotten much better at assuming delays WILL happen, and setting closer to realistic timelines.
I sure hope so.

I try to keep the rose colored lenses in a drawer when looking at this.

My reservation number is ~65,000 so if they get volume production online by early 2022, there is a fair chance I'll have mine by Q2 2022. After that they can switch production over to 100% Model Ys.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
They are all wrong. I know for a fact that the first truck will roll off the production line on May 14, 2022. Elon told me. ;)
Like Elon is a good source on dates.... LOL
I'm still waiting on my CyberTruck update in a month or so from WAAAAAY back.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Possibly one could get to drive their own CT before actually taking delivery.
Or, tell the owners you drove their CTs first while you are waiting on yours. Or at least, I would do so for a few recognized names.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Imagine how disappointed you would be to get a delivery notice for your truck only to realize you'll be working and can't be there when it shows up?
That my friend is called a "sick" day. :)

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Trying to suss out if you are attempting to be serious here.
Just like with Model 3, we started seeing a bunch of engineering prototypes driving around and at superchargers. Got to see one here in A-town while I was out making a food run (it's across the street).

So they will do a bunch of builds and then test them out, then start limited production for employees.
Sponsored