First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Tesla released earnings today.
They mentioned the Model Y should start being produced in Giga Texas before year end.
They also said the SemiTruck won't start being built until 2022 (could mean spring, could mean fall)
No mention of the CyberTruck. Hmmm.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla released earnings today.
They mentioned the Model Y should start being produced in Giga Texas before year end.
They also said the SemiTruck won't start being built until 2022 (could mean spring, could mean fall)
No mention of the CyberTruck. Hmmm.
Pretty sure EOY production is not happening. Basically confirmed 4680 production is not up to speed and they won’t start Cybertruck production until they have enough 4680 cell scale.

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
4680 batteries and die cast front and back pieces with battery cases already tested for crash strength...passed...only hangup, as is always, is to produce enough new batteries to start production so all manu equipment is needed to be designed and installed before we can have a our CT and Ys at Austin! Waiting is such a .......

Chilli

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Mii electric+, Renault Trafic Passenger &more
Country flag
Tesla just announced that Semi will not come this year anymore due to battery available.
CT has the same batteries.
Model Y not.
How should they build CT instead of model Y?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla just announced that Semi will not come this year anymore due to battery available.
CT has the same batteries.
Model Y not.
How should they build CT instead of model Y?
They said they can't make the semi or the Cybertruck until they were able to manufacture 4680 cell in volume.

The Model Y will also use the 4680 eventually, but they have a contingency plan to use the 2170 if the 4680 is not ready by the time the rest of production is online.

Chilli

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Mii electric+, Renault Trafic Passenger &more
Country flag
The problem with that philosophy is that as every little problem end up having an expensive solution
I absolutely agree. In terms of electronics it unfortunately became a market trend.
All those HPC that pop up and that idea that the car gets simpler if everything is intergrated into one electronics device.
Probability of failure (reliability) rises exponential with the number of components. That means it's not only more expensive to replace it's even more likely to fail.
Development effort riese more than linear with the functionality. There are only a few companies that can handle such big HPC or similar projects and both OEM and suppliers constantly understimate the effort.
In terms of quality that's a very unfortunate (not to say stupid) development.
Such ideas usually don't come from system engineers but rather from managment that follow trends instead of objective investigations.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I think it's safe to say that very few of us read Chinese here, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that you post in English, on a forum geared towards a truck that currently has no plans of being released in China.
The Chinese roughly translates to "If you're going to say something, you should state the source from which you got it."
Sponsored