chalupa808

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
+1 skeptical. We know there will likely be a delivery event around the end of September and after that they will slowly be sending out updates. I do not believe they would send out an email with an expected delivery date even before the trims and prices have been shared with those people.
Agreed. Also, First owners are probably going to be GigaTexas employees.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In a Subscribers-Only Twitter Spaces held by Whole Mars Blog, one of his subscribers claimed that his physician (Day 1 reserver) said that he received an update from Tesla to expect delivery in December 23 or January 24.

I am highly skeptical of this claim, especially as we have many Hour 1 reservers on here, some local to Texas, who probably would have posted the news here by now.

Thoughts?
delivery dats without configuration and pricing......hummmm

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Unboxed production means they just need to slot in a right hand front end.

The production line doesn't need to stop at all, and there is no paint.

There is extra cost in shipping, and a lag time to log the sale.

I do expect we will need to wait, but without impacting production there is scope for Tesla to spread the love sooner than anticipated.
There is paint.
There is no chance of them being in australia for a long time aside from some imported through other means

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'd like to get the name of this physician... just so I don't accidentally schedule a procedure with this idiot. 😒

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
So, yesterday (6 June), just for grins, I went to my local Tesla Service Center here in Reno (home of the battery Giga Factory). It is just down the row of stores from my blueprint shop. I approached the salesman and, as a joke, I said "Where is my Cybertruck?". He says "What is your phone number?" He enters it into his computer and tells me it will be here July 2024! Furthermore, they expect to have a Cybertruck in the building in October! He will call me to come see it when it arrives. I just live 5 minutes away. Anybody else try this? What was the response?

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
So, yesterday (6 June), just for grins, I went to my local Tesla Service Center here in Reno (home of the battery Giga Factory). It is just down the row of stores from my blueprint shop. I approached the salesman and, as a joke, I said "Where is my Cybertruck?". He says "What is your phone number?" He enters it into his computer and tells me it will be here July 2024! Furthermore, they expect to have a Cybertruck in the building in October! He will call me to come see it when it arrives. I just live 5 minutes away. Anybody else try this? What was the response?
Was at our MA service center a couple of weeks ago and asked what they thought about CT deliveries, and that guy said they expect to see them at the end of the year. I didn't ask him to look for my specific registration. Back in March I asked my local service ranger, and he thought I (~19,000 in line per the spreadsheet) would see mine in late 2023/ Jan 2024. I asked about early rollout going to Austin folks and he claims that with the Model Y they started shipping all over right away. He says he's worked on a few MYs whose VINs are in the first 500 built, and Massachusetts is a long way from Freemont!

Reactions: Jow

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you have to ask about the price... and the configuration, CyberTruck isn't for you.

🤪
what stupid remark.....nobody buys something with our a price unless you have zero financial issues.....we all knew the price when we gave our $100 reservation fee.....mine was $69,000......now nobody knows, even you, what the new price will be.....I did not sign up for a $69,000 vehicle only to find out when I go to pay for it, is is going to cost $100,00 or more....I will be surprised if it is cheaper......but I am not smoking that funny stuff, so I dont think I will have to worry about that......it is just a wait and see game now.....

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
what stupid remark.....nobody buys something with our a price unless you have zero financial issues.....we all knew the price when we gave our $100 reservation fee.....mine was $69,000......now nobody knows, even you, what the new price will be.....I did not sign up for a $69,000 vehicle only to find out when I go to pay for it, is is going to cost $100,00 or more....I will be surprised if it is cheaper......but I am not smoking that funny stuff, so I dont think I will have to worry about that......it is just a wait and see game now.....
I'm sorry, my snark was too well disguised. I fall victim to Poe's Law again. But just so you know, I reserve the 🤪 emoji only for my most outlandish comments. I actually thought your comment was the most insightful refutation of the posted rumor. There is NO WAY anyone would be getting a delivery date without price and specs being widely available.

I agree with you, I was just being silly. 😃
Sponsored