John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I prefer a wait a see approach to these various features. Rush to judgement can generate a great deal of angst.
i would like some clarity on the grooves in the bed and how to keep them clean.
Those groves are pre-filled. It appears it is meant to help slide material in the bed. easier to make out in the Austin pictures of the CT
Sponsored

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Hopefully the stainless steel can attract magnets and Tesla can deliver the Cybertruck with magnetic stick on mirrors. If owners take them off what can Tesla do?
Sorry, 30x (304 ss) is austenitic and not magnetic.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If this gets approved by the NHTSA, it's likely we'll see the mirrors in all Tesla models replaced with cameras by the end of 2022. If the predicted efficiency gains are anything like what they've said in their requests to the NHTSA it will be irresistible. That's probably why this order is so big.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/columns/a28120245/car-side-mirror-camera-design/ said:
The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, which is an alliance of automobile manufacturers, and Tesla petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as far back as 2014 to allow cameras to replace mirrors. In its petition, the carmakers noted that side mirrors increase a vehicle's overall aerodynamic drag by 2 to 7 percent. And a 10 percent reduction in drag, said the automakers, would improve fuel economy by an estimated 3.2 percent.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
NHTSA will probably require some years of test vehicles before giving blanket approval. So we mht have mirrorless Cybertrucks, but everyone else will have to wait.

-Crissa
Sponsored