Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think Sawyer has it all wrong regarding Cybertruck trim levels.

Look at Tesla‘s ordering page for its current vehicles. They have very few trim levels for each model to help with efficiency on the assembly line. The Model Y for example has two trim levels. Dual Motor and Performance.

Now look at Ford. It has eight trim levels for its F150. XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, Tremor and the Raptor. And don’t forget about different cabs and bed lengths to complicate things even further.

Tesla will most likely follow the initial Quad Motor Cybertruck with the Dual Motor version. I think that’s all we will see for the first few years of production as their is no business case to offer a lower priced version with demand off the charts. They have hundreds of thousands of Cybertruck reservations to fill.
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Tesla will most likely follow the initial Quad Motor Cybertruck with the Dual Motor version. I think that’s all we will see for the first few years of production as their is no business case to offer a lower priced version with demand off the charts. They have hundreds of thousands of Cybertruck reservations to fill.
The tri-motor is not gone. Based on your argument those would come before the dual motor versions.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Did Elon or Tesla state that the Tri Motor version is still coming? I don’t recall reading that.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Most agree that a Tri Motor version is not needed with the Quad Motor announcement. I'd be rather shocked if Tesla offered it.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think any variant, if they even build the Cybertruck, will be in excess of $70,000.

Inflation is not going away. When Elon promised in 2019 to build the CT, he was thinking it would be out by the end of 2021. Now he is saying "hopefully" 2023...which probably means 2024.

Things will be a lot more expensive by 2024.
he said will be in production 2023.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Most agree that a Tri Motor version is not needed with the Quad Motor announcement. I'd be rather shocked if Tesla offered it.
"Most" is your opinion and a made up stat that means absolutely nothing and certainly doesn't mean a version was eliminated. I'm guessing all the "experts" conditioning us for inflated pricing are also part of this "most" crowd.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With over 1.2M reservation holders in the US, Tesla is not likely to modify the CT so that it can pass muster in Europe.
Why would having 1.2 million reservations worldwide make Tesla less likely to consider serving the reservations in the EU?

-Crissa

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
"Most" is your opinion and a made up stat that means absolutely nothing and certainly doesn't mean a version was eliminated. I'm guessing all the "experts" conditioning us for inflated pricing are also part of this "most" crowd.
I'm not sure why a quad motor should cost much more than a tri-motor. The change adds a motor but gets rid of a limited-slip differential, and arguably that simplifies things (esp. with the 4w steering), making front and back more similar.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Why would having 1.2 million reservations worldwide make Tesla less likely to consider serving the reservations in the EU?

-Crissa
If as this and other articles suggest the EU will require modifications in the CT design due to regulatory safety concerns. Right now, Tesla has more orders than they can deliver in a reasonable time frame and I believe Tesla will tell them to pack sand. No special CT version for you EU.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...ope-you-might-want-to-cancel-it-ar187308.html

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If as this and other articles suggest the EU will require modifications in the CT design due to regulatory safety concerns. Right now, Tesla has more orders than they can deliver in a reasonable time frame and I believe Tesla will tell them to pack sand. No special CT version for you EU.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...ope-you-might-want-to-cancel-it-ar187308.html
Don't you wonder why they don't have similar articles for the other, larger, US land yachts that are imported?

-Crissa

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Don't you wonder why they don't have similar articles for the other, larger, US land yachts that are imported?

-Crissa
Most of the criticism involves the Cybertruck exoskeleton and rolled stainless skin being too strong thus posing a threat to pedestrians and occupants alike. I think it's an absurd argument and the true motivation is that Tesla represents an existential threat to all ICE auto manufacturers. They were shocked by the success of Tesla and so called out their lobbying minions to stop the Tesla juggernaut. Looking on the bright side, maybe more Cybertrucks for us.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most of the criticism involves the Cybertruck exoskeleton and rolled stainless skin being too strong thus posing a threat to pedestrians and occupants alike. I think it's an absurd argument and ...
Yeah! It is. Compared to human flesh all steel is too strong. You might dent it, but that won't be enough to stop it from killing you.

-Crissa