Shareholders, would you vote to reinstate Elon's pay package

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think shareholder votes in favor of Elon will be able to overturn a court order. Moving HQ to another jurisdiction because you don't like the court's decision will probably not work either.

With stock down about $100 year to date and the CEO asking for an unprecedented $55B payout, i have a hard time believing any investor could give that a yes vote. Especially institutional investors.

No one is worth that much money and elon already owns a substantial stake in the company.
Sponsored

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I'm not even sure how to respond to this post.... so stupid and outrageous

Elon preformed and outperformed the agreement and then court rescinded the pay - how would you feel if your salary from years ago was taken away after you preformed the required work? What if I say that you are not worth whatever you're making now and cut your pay?

YES & YES

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Last edited:

TrukduSyber

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Type R
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
fun fact - from my understanding - in the district of delaware the overturning of elons pay package was done by a single shareholder. This shareholder I believe held less than 10 shares. Just one person was able to do this, and this is why they're moving everything to texas. Whether you like him or not (I personally think hes a less than ideal individual, i.e a jackass) he has done incredible things for the companies hes worked for and is driving teams to innovate like never before. Give him the pay, share price is bullshit since the shortsellers will do anything to devalue the company. Tesla has way too many things going for it right now and it is totally undervalued by various magnitudes. Huge potential for upside with Dojo, robotaxi, AI, robotics...not even accounting for the car portion...

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
No and requesting this the day after letting go 10% of the staff is really frustrating.
That's another reason for a resounding YES

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don't think shareholder votes in favor of Elon will be able to overturn a court order. Moving HQ to another jurisdiction because you don't like the court's decision will probably not work either.

With stock down about $100 year to date and the CEO asking for an unprecedented $55B payout, i have a hard time believing any investor could give that a yes vote. Especially institutional investors.

No one is worth that much money and elon already owns a substantial stake in the company.
I vote yes, so that nullifies your vote. Why do you care when his compensation is tied to company performance and no cash is involved? Did you even read the bullet points?

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
No longer a shareholder, but if I was this would be a hard no.

Not an Elon fan boi, not a hater, but from a pragmatic standpoint he's not the right CEO for this phase of Tesla. A startup solving novel engineering problems, his skill set is very valuable. A company that needs to take care of millions of customers to a high level of satisfaction just doesn't jive with his thinking and priorities. We have a Y and it's the first and likely last Tesla we'll be buying, primarily due to after sales support issues, which Elon has completely failed to guide the company into improving. I think after sales support issues are playing into the plateauing sales numbers as well.

I'm fine with him staying on in a product dev or engineering consulting role. But he's not worth millions as a CEO of this company at this phase in it's life, let alone double digit billions.

Agreed that the optics of begging for billions while laying off the front line workers that actually get the sausage made is ... Stomach turning.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Aren't the lawyers from that case getting paid a crazy sum for winning? Can Tesla afford to still pay Elon the stock?

The nice guy in me says, he did the work so pay him.

The greedy capitalist in me says, he did the work and we don't have to pay him? Sweet!

But I lean toward pay

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
PA: Anyone virtue signaling their NO vote or comment is a hypocrite UNLESS they show proof that they forfeited and returned their salary from years ago.

IDGFF about EM, it's the destruction of basis and fibers of capitalism principles that I am vehemently against
Sponsored

Last edited: