eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would gladly pay an increased reservation price for a better place on the waiting list. I would even pay full price in advance for first day (or even first month) delivery. I do not have expensive indulgences like dining out, fancy clothing, movies, Starbucks, or (before CT) expensive vehicles. This Delorien without the cocaine risk and expense is exactly what I want.
Sponsored

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
It took me months to talk my wife into putting up the $100. Not sure I could talk her into $5,000.
I told my Wife in June that I was still wanting to put $100 towards a CT and she was surprised I didn't do it last fall and "what are you waiting for?".
She is the smart one of the family.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Why do reservations at all?
Car/truck companies have new models all the time. They do marketing and build hype about new models relentlessly.
I assume that Tesla is trying to understand demand and probably more important: consumer driven features that they can design in up to the point where factories are being built.

I remember some salesman advice i heard years ago to get the customer in the car, let them drive it, let them think they own it. I think this works. So we give Tesla $100 and we consider ourselves CT owners on a site called .....

For $100 we really have the opportunity to feed suggestions to Tesla (soon!) to design a Cybertruck with features no marketing team could ever imagine or glean from traditional truck owners.

Deleted member 5322

I would go up to $10,000. Do not need to move upfront in line. Guys, anyway we have to have a downpayment. It would be my down. Also, if Tesla offers something like solar panels for a cheaper price now, then when it rolls out - I would go up to 20k.
I want reservation to be worth something, not like semi or roadster.
Sponsored