Mal

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep CJ-7
Country flag
Ok, possibly ridiculous, but hear me out. I would love a 'follow me' mode, where the truck just crawls along behind me as I walk.

Use case: My dog comes with me everywhere, and will continue to do so when I get the truck. It's often the case when I'm also out with my wife, one of us will hop out of the car with the dog a mile or two from our house and walk the dog home (very little traffic near us) so she gets to sniff and check peemail. It'd be fun to be able to hop out with the dog anywhere, and have the truck follow us as we walk along. Maybe put the emergency blinkers on....

Then, like, you could take your truck out for a walk if your dog wasn't up to it.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Ok, possibly ridiculous, but hear me out. I would love a 'follow me' mode, where the truck just crawls along behind me as I walk.

Use case: My dog comes with me everywhere, and will continue to do so when I get the truck. It's often the case when I'm also out with my wife, one of us will hop out of the car with the dog a mile or two from our house and walk the dog home (very little traffic near us) so she gets to sniff and check peemail. It'd be fun to be able to hop out with the dog anywhere, and have the truck follow us as we walk along. Maybe put the emergency blinkers on....

Then, like, you could take your truck out for a walk if your dog wasn't up to it.
It's called summon.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Ha! I love this. That would be hilarious.

OP
OP
Mal

Mal

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep CJ-7
Country flag
It's called summon.
Really? Summon will follow you at a walking pace for an extended distance? That's pretty cool, if so!

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Really? Summon will follow you at a walking pace for an extended distance? That's pretty cool, if so!
I feel like no matter how clean my cameras are I always get Tesla Vision errors for summon, sometimes it will just stop working in the middle of summoning.

TECH49

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MSP, MYP, DM Cybertruck, C8, Ram 1500
Country flag

peemail! I love it.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Presumably it is following your phone, not you, right? Put your phone on a selfie stick, duct tape it to the hood, and the truck will idle forward indefinitely

Tesla Cybertruck Silly idea, and yet ... ? 1709956899948

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Also would make it really easy to Ghostride:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Summon works like that but you have to keep pushing a button on the app. Your idea, I assume, is something you would turn on and it would stay on until you turned it off, and presumably you would be able to configure min and max distances to follow you and it would be a smart follow in that it would use all of the features of FSD.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tell this to Elon’s kid to ask his dad. You might get a software update for CyberDog mode :LOL:, although it’ll be a nightmare if everyone starts using it, but FSD might be fully ready by then to figure out the best way to car pool you all or take your Truck back to home or pick you guys wherever you need!

My personal preference would be to have Optimus take my dog for a walk while I crack some eggs and do Yoga! :ROFLMAO:
I know you are joking but the whole point of having a dog is to be with them. Having just lost my dog this week I am hurt even by the joke.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
This mode would be useful when camping in the wilderness (or, possibly, rock crawling). Sometimes you want to walk ahead of your vehicle as a spotter to check for boulders, holes, cliff edges, etc. You can do it with two people if one dismounts, but this would let you go solo.

Reactions: Mal

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
I know you are joking but the whole point of having a dog is to be with them. Having just lost my dog this week I am hurt even by the joke.
I’m so sorry to hear that. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I’ll take down my post, though it was a joke.

OP
OP
Mal

Mal

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep CJ-7
Country flag
Summon works like that but you have to keep pushing a button on the app. Your idea, I assume, is something you would turn on and it would stay on until you turned it off, and presumably you would be able to configure min and max distances to follow you and it would be a smart follow in that it would use all of the features of FSD.
That's what I had in mind, yup. Not that I put a lot of thought into it. But being able to hop out of the truck with my dog down the block from the house and walk home with the truck following along safely would be pretty neat.

Ideally it would pull on to the shoulder to let cars pass, etc, like FSD will/should. As if you were being followed by a big stainless steel robot with awareness of what's around it.

I suppose you could also put the truck on a cyber leash, too. :)
Sponsored