Single Motor Early Reservation/Foundation Series Invite (5/7/2024)

IndyCybertruck

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Opitima, Cybertruck pre-ordered
Country flag
First of all, shout out to my fellow single motor reservation holders! 😀

Did anyone else receive an invitation from Tesla today (5/7/24) to configure a foundation series CT?

As expected, there was not a single motor option. Do you think this means that the foundation series run will end soon so they can complete standard editions before moving to single motors or are they scrapping that trim all together?
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The trim you originally reserved doesn't have anything to do with your invite (as far as I know)

I don't think it can be used to infer anything but hopefully they're done soon.

Probably not though

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
It looks like Tesla will only be selling FS trucks for the remainder of 2024. Even the Cybertruck website shows 2025 for RWD and AWD versions.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD on order
Country flag
I got an invite on a dual motor reveal-day reservation on 01/18/2024.

My tri-motor reveal-day reservation is still showing "we'll contact you".

IOW: Original config doesn't seem to matter for FS invites, just RN #'s.

ThaDon

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It looks like Tesla will only be selling FS trucks for the remainder of 2024. Even the Cybertruck website shows 2025 for RWD and AWD versions.
Do you know if those dates on the website are when the vehicle will be available if you order now, or if it’s when the vehicle trim will generally become available?

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
Yeah, the FS order emails don't care about what you initial requested to reserve so many years ago... more just in the order somewhat giving the opportunity to get a FS sooner. On the rear wheel drive, I wouldn't count on that for a while, especially while competitors don't offer it and it probably being such a low requests (most people want 4x4 on a truck) that if it does ever appear, it will be a short while at best. Just my take though.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Tesla will only offer Foundation Series until all 2M reservation holders are offered a chance to order.
Why would they offer the cheapest version before they sell the top trim to every reservation holder that wants one?
We won't know how long this takes. But if single motor is ever offered, it may be a year or two or more until they run out of demand for higher priced versions. I don't think Tesla can even predict when

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Do you know if those dates on the website are when the vehicle will be available if you order now, or if it’s when the vehicle trim will generally become available?
The reservation page shows when it'll be generally available, not when you'll get your order.

I had a single-motor reservation and was invited to configure a Foundation Series on 2024/1/2. The offer to configure is still open, and the date range you're shown then is 90-99% accurate.

-Crissa
Sponsored