Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
For now CT reservations are an NFT, lacking the ability to sell one.

CT and FSD order is a non-fungible token(NFT) at the moment. Tesla have attached a price to access the product and service when it changes to fungible product for sale. But questions remain.

At some point in the very near future Tesla will want to complete an NFT exchange. That would effectively provide proof positive Tesla evidence that Cybertruck buyer’s token $100 reservation include FSD, price and a Tesla timeframe to deliver.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SAVFPV

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
For now CT reservations are an NFT, lacking the ability to sell one.

CT and FSD order is a non-fungible token(NFT) at the moment. Tesla have attached a price to access the product and service when it changes to fungible product for sale. But questions remain.

At some point in the very near future Tesla will want to complete an NFT exchange. That would effectively provide proof positive Tesla evidence that Cybertruck buyer’s token $100 reservation include FSD, price and a Tesla timeframe to deliver.
You (super) lost me.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
You (super) lost me.
Most everyone here bet $100 to make Cybertruck, the prototype and a work of art — real. $100,000,000.00USD later we have this club, an RN# and questions…so many questions.

Its perplexing to read the number of questions that $100MM doesn’t buy you a straight answer. SO its that all that money didn’t buy you anything. It is $100 non-fungible purchase represented by an RN#. And RN#’s aren’t unique even, in my case, as I have been advised that there exists an RN# collision.

Thus I couldn’t sell the damn thing with conscience, if someone offered to buy it. I don’t know why they would but I believe Tesla would better the procurement, reservation and ownership experience by converting the reservations into NFT’s. NFTs that represent a work of art and an opportunity to purchase the real product Cybertruck. NFT’s that are currency and a store of value. NFT that can be traded, sold and exchanged above or below the acquisition price of $100 – i.e. value.

My post was aimed at an audience of one at Tesla with the club in attendance as onlookers. I hope to change questions into real holdings, a firm answer as to what people bought( a pseudo NFT) and hold with a means to transact them in meaningful ways.

Cybertruck RN#’s would become a token to be backed by a major corporation, a blockchain method to buy and the first vehicle to achieve the status of money before becoming a real vehicle.

Owner’s could sell trade and buy NFT’s freely more than voicing intent on a ownersclub website. In the end, Cybertruck NFT could be more interesting than Dogecoin.

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
I first reserved a CT1, later on I upgraded my reservation to a CT2 with FSD, seriously considering going for the CT3, that range is tempting.

OP
OP
SAVFPV

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I first reserved a CT1, later on I upgraded my reservation to a CT2 with FSD, seriously considering going for the CT3, that range is tempting.
In the end - it had to be done. I will regret if I don’t.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I suspect Elon will find ways to jack the CT price into astronomical territory also.
I suspect you don't understand what drives Elon.

I've been reviewing your posts here and, I must say, they really paint you as a negative Nellie for all things Tesla. Which would be OK if your opinions were supported by facts. Instead, they just come across as being out-of-touch with reality.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect Elon will find ways to jack the CT price into astronomical territory also.
I suspect pre-orders will go almost exactly the same as every other pre-order.

Which is to say there will be a base price which is spot on what is on the web form right now. There will be accessories/ wheel options/ etc which will increase that price. Some configurations such as single motor won't be released for quite some time.

In other words. Tesla will act like Tesla has for years, and Ford will act like Ford has for years.
Sponsored