Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
If it's at street level, even that is useful. Short-range EVs (like my Zero) are always scrounging for a place to charge when visiting outside my usual commute.

-Crissa
Can you use a Tesla connector? You carry an adapter? Do most people?
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
If it's at street level, even that is useful. Short-range EVs (like my Zero) are always scrounging for a place to charge when visiting outside my usual commute.

-Crissa
Talking about size, you could probably fit 6 or 8 of those Zero's in a garage barely big enough for one Cybertruck!

You've had an electric motorcycle for a while now. It's been almost three years, hasn't it?

I'm curious how the Zero price/specs have evolved over your ownership. Are currently available ones significantly better in terms of range/power/charge time/throttle response/regen braking response or have they largely stayed nearly the same since your purchase?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Can you use a Tesla connector? You carry an adapter? Do most people?
Me? No. I just need a standard 15amp outlet. I'll take 240 when I can get it.

But most Zero riders who charge afield do: Tesla Destination charge points are the only reliable high-AC points in the US.

The new Zeros can be bought with 12kW AC charging and recharge in an hour. Where else you going to find that?

https://evadept.com/best-tesla-to-j1772-adapter/

-Crissa

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Cool, I had no idea. The only exposed part is just the Tesla connector, so I thought it was Tesla only.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
State law in California requires the HOA to allow you to build charging infrastructure.

So it may be possible to trench in some charging points.

-Crissa
I've looked into this. It would be over $2000 to tench in. Its cheaper at this point to move lol.

I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to TN. In TN I can upgrade from this 50 year old 1000 sqft townhome with a 1 car garage to a 2500 sqft brand new construction house with a 2 car garage and still pocket $100k.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've looked into this. It would be over $2000 to tench in. Its cheaper at this point to move lol.

I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to TN. In TN I can upgrade from this 50 year old 1000 sqft townhome with a 1 car garage to a 2500 sqft brand new construction house with a 2 car garage and still pocket $100k.
Yeah.

Heck, just moving from Santa Cruz to Sacramento was enough for one neighbor to get out of his house the bank had underwater and was foreclosing on, and buy a new house free and clear. That was when the housing market was just recovering but woo. Prices out here are nuts.

Still hard to beat the level of services and amenities, tho.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Yep... My prediction still stands.
The bar on the rear bumper (red arrow) is between the red wheel (blue arrow) and box (yellow arrow) on the cart. If each square is 1 foot that between 18 and 19 squares plus the little gap to the Impact wall.

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... CTSIZE-PROOF

Regardless of what Matthew Donegan-Ryan said in his "spec reveal" video. The CT is going to be less than 231 inches for sure.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Well, whaddaya know!

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... Screenshot 2023-07-19 215710

But, I'm not here to say I told ya so...

Well maybe I am—but that's beside the point.

henchman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
If the 1' box theory holds, the body is roughly 7' wide too... though that seems a tad wide.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
If the 1' box theory holds, the body is roughly 7' wide too... though that seems a tad wide.

Nah, It doesn't work like that. You'd need a front-on image with the over head showing the same squares on the ground.

henchman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Nah, It doesn't work like that. You'd need a front-on image with the over head showing the same squares on the ground.
Slight angles can change it, but that pic is straight overhead and if the squares are 1'... then you can get reasonably close. FTR I think it is in the ~78" wide range and the length is around ~228" (227 + something).

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I fiddled around with the images we got tonight and once again applied my pixel gimmick...

CT-Size.jpg

So, we now know for sure the CT is on 35 inch tires. We also have a clear image of the truck in profile.
Chip Geek's photo was taken with a Pixel camera, so I used lens correction software for the pixel's lens.

I then resized the image so that the tires were 35 pixels in diameter and in round which means every pixel is equal to one inch.

What I got was an overall length of 220 inches (pixels) for the length. No DOUBT. Once you proof the tires to 35" on the left and right sides of the image the lens distortion is removed. The CT is definitely going to be shorter. They clipped the nose and pushed the bed further into the cabin a few inches retaining it's full size. There's no indication after this evening that the bed was shortened. This prototype is only 2 inches longer than a Jeep Gladiator.

So, what we have is a bullpup - Full firepower and capability in the tightest package possible.

I'm sticking by it not being anywhere near 230+ inches as originally announced.
Your 18.33' guess is under 19' feet as Elon stated on Wednesday. We will see how close your estimate is once we get a real measurement from a production truck.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Yeah, that was all based on the prototype from over a year ago.

With the current release candidate my money is on 225", no bigger. But it can be as short as 223. I think my original 220 is pushing it now, unless they do some mind-blowing engineering magic.
Sponsored