Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Anyone here smart enough to calculate the Kwh a Cybertruck would generate if the roof from the peak back and the vault cover were to be covered in PV cells that were, say 24% efficient?
Just quick thinking here. Typical solar panel will generate 15watts per Squarefoot per hour of good sun. lets say the cybertruck roof is 64SF. you would be getting around 945 watts per hour. so lets adjust and say 1kW per hour of good sun.. so you would get about 6kW per day of good sun light depending on where you live.

i didnt get into panel efficiency. But 24% would get you more power than what i just stated.
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Just quick thinking here. Typical solar panel will generate 15watts per Squarefoot per hour of good sun. lets say the cybertruck roof is 64SF. you would be getting around 945 watts per hour. so lets adjust and say 1kW per hour of good sun.. so you would get about 6kW per day of good sun light depending on where you live.

i didnt get into panel efficiency. But 24% would get you more power than what i just stated.
Excellent back of the napkin math. That's what I was interested in. So, 6kW goes about... 18.75 miles? That's 6 hours of good sun plus two and a half more for my 8 1/2 hr day plus another 30 minutes for the two drives = about 3 hours of so-so sun for about 6 months of the year and then it is either pretty dim in the morning or evening depending on the time of year. So, for half the year, I may be able to generate another 4.69 miles in those mediocre hours (I figured half power during those times though the sun is strong all day while I'm at work during the Summer). That exceeds the 20 miles per day that I drive. Yeah, that would be WAY cool.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Excellent back of the napkin math. That's what I was interested in. So, 6kW goes about... 18.75 miles? That's 6 hours of good sun plus two and a half more for my 8 1/2 hr day plus another 30 minutes for the two drives = about 3 hours of so-so sun for about 6 months of the year and then it is either pretty dim in the morning or evening depending on the time of year. So, for half the year, I may be able to generate another 4.69 miles in those mediocre hours (I figured half power during those times though the sun is strong all day while I'm at work during the Summer). That exceeds the 20 miles per day that I drive. Yeah, that would be WAY cool.
Yeah something like that haha.. there are so many variables with solar generation. Im interested to see what they come up with in regards to a fold out system. Elon has been talking about this for a long time now, i think the cybertruck makes perfect sense to implement it.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
What we really need is a thin film that's durable to wrap the truck. Add the hood and the top part of the sides and go from 64 square ft to 100. Probably can't put it on the windshield because the laser wipers....

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
What we really need is a thin film that's durable to wrap the truck. Add the hood and the top part of the sides and go from 64 square ft to 100. Probably can't put it on the windshield because the laser wipers....
LOL. Laser wipers.
Sponsored