Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
$3000 and I have to manually pump the air frame of the tent? Nah miss me with that. I’ll wait until Tesla or someone else comes up with a far better version.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
I was wondering how long the old name would last…

shot down by the SilverBillet, perhaps?

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
38 seconds into the video they highlight a new redesigned tonneau applique with spring loaded clips
Better but they should have the applique pivot upward rather than having to remove it and store it.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Yeah, I had thought it was just over $3,000 before.

I wonder what prompted the name change??
probbally that it was originally supposed to have more then a tent, like a cooking station etc thats more "BaseCamp" then just this crappy overpriced tent .. name makes more sense now. and its trademarked now, not sure they could get a trademark for "BaseCamp"

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I sure look nice and easy to deploy this tent. Unlike goofy YouTuber who did incorrectly and complained about it.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Can we have auto-levelling without buying the tent, and without the "tonneau mode" which I'm guessing disables tonneau while tent is installed. I want to sleep in the bed with it [partially] closed and auto-level would save me from driving up on rocks or 2x4's to manually level.

Also does the tent come with a new applique? Or new latches? Or do CT after certain VIN come that way? I'm 64xx and it's screwed on.

cyberoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Unknown, can't order it until Tuesday when I pick up my Cyberbeast :) I'll update when I do know though!
I want clarity on this before ordering. This was a no go for me. Glad they made the flap quick release.

canyoncarver

First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I agree with others that it is somewhat mind boggling that the $3K tent has no way of connecting to vehicle power.

You'd think they would leverage the 120V outlet for auto-inflation and maybe even a mini heater.... especially at a $3K price point.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
The tent inflates to 8 PSI, so it's really not a lot of effort with the manual pump which is high quality and has a switch to allow it to inflate on both the upward and downward stroke. If one wanted an electric pump, I'm sure you could buy one for less than it would cost to have it included in the kit. e.g. I bought a $50 110v/12v air compressor on Amazon that can be used to inflate tires or something like an air mattress. Unfortunately, the hose to inflate the tent doesn't have the right connector to attach it to the air pump, but I could probably 3D print one for cheap. I've set the tent up multiple times now, and it just hasn't been a problem to worry about it, though.

With regards to the cost of the CyberTent, I consider it a form of a roof top tent since it's mounted to the truck and does not sit on the ground. For roof top tents, it is in the same ballpark as other products on the market. e.g. Rivian's tent is $2800 and other roof top tents range from $1500-$4000. Any of these offerings have varying degrees of trade-offs depending on what one is looking for.

For me, the CyberTent was the right choice because I don't have the drag reducing my efficiency when it's installed on the vehicle. Yes, it takes 8-9 minutes to set up vs some roof top tents that take 60 seconds, but if it was 60 seconds to set up, it probably wouldn't pack away as nicely as it does and fit under the tonneau cover. The CyberTent is well integrated into the truck, but if it's too expensive or not the right solution for someone, there are plenty of other options out there. It's all in what's important to you.

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Bruh give me that air stream retrofit. I used thumb screws. Also I love how they cut from deflated mode to inflated mode because that ain't easy

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
The tent inflates to 8 PSI, so it's really not a lot of effort with the manual pump which is high quality and has a switch to allow it to inflate on both the upward and downward stroke. If one wanted an electric pump, I'm sure you could buy one for less than it would cost to have it included in the kit. e.g. I bought a $50 110v/12v air compressor on Amazon that can be used to inflate tires or something like an air mattress. Unfortunately, the hose to inflate the tent doesn't have the right connector to attach it to the air pump, but I could probably 3D print one for cheap. I've set the tent up multiple times now, and it just hasn't been a problem to worry about it, though.

With regards to the cost of the CyberTent, I consider it a form of a roof top tent since it's mounted to the truck and does not sit on the ground. For roof top tents, it is in the same ballpark as other products on the market. e.g. Rivian's tent is $2800 and other roof top tents range from $1500-$4000. Any of these offerings have varying degrees of trade-offs depending on what one is looking for.

For me, the CyberTent was the right choice because I don't have the drag reducing my efficiency when it's installed on the vehicle. Yes, it takes 8-9 minutes to set up vs some roof top tents that take 60 seconds, but if it was 60 seconds to set up, it probably wouldn't pack away as nicely as it does and fit under the tonneau cover. The CyberTent is well integrated into the truck, but if it's too expensive or not the right solution for someone, there are plenty of other options out there. It's all in what's important to you.
I agree that it’s easy to get electric pump for $50 and 3D print the connector, but that’s the point. If I’m paying $3K, I expect $50 electric motor with the right adapter. Not everyone will have a 3D printer. I would even go to the extent of saying that it should be as easy as pressing a button and the tent should automatically setup or go back. I would pay 10K for that tent. A fully self-drivable car with extreme futuristic tech should have that type of camping experience. Is it too much to ask for a self deployable tent from a company that’s building the most advanced robotics? IMHO, No! Tesla shouldn’t have outsourced this accessory! There are some companies building these amazing accessories, but if Tesla is shipping a tent under their banner, I expect that to be as futuristic as the Truck!
Sponsored