SpaceX - Welding Stainless Steel, Lessons Learnt, and Applications to CyberTruck

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Cool video by Primal Space on SpaceX's manufacturing history with stainless steel and the Starship program. I'm sure there will be a lot of lessons learnt that will be applied to CT. As I've commented here before, in one of the Everyday Astronaut interviews with Elon, there was a portion that also discussed further techniques, processes, and tools that refined Starship considerably.

Cybertruck is used for scale in the video too!! :)

Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Love the video!

But I don’t think there will be much of this sort of welding on the Cybertruck, maybe none.

I think most of the joint on the Cybertruck will involve industrial adhesives and maybe physical fasteners. Lots of joints between disparate metals which would make welding difficult.

(I do love the video though)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Cool video by Primal Space on SpaceX's manufacturing history with stainless steel and the Starship program. I'm sure there will be a lot of lessons learnt that will be applied to CT. As I've commented here before, in one of the Everyday Astronaut interviews with Elon, there was a portion that also discussed further techniques, processes, and tools that refined Starship considerably.

Cybertruck is used for scale in the video too!! :)

Cybertrucks and space, my two favorite subjects.
Sponsored