CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Uh oh, it's like the model X here come the 120k+ price boys
The fact that Tesla has yet to reveal the price of a vehicle that’s supposedly releasing this year is worrisome. Surely they’ve already determined the price at this point, especially if it’s on the verge of production.

If the vehicle were affordable why not release the price and send your competitors scrambling, like they’ve done with the rest of the line up? The answer is that it’s not going to be affordable at first.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The fact that Tesla has yet to reveal the price of a vehicle that’s supposedly releasing this year is worrisome. Surely they’ve already determined the price at this point, especially if it’s on the verge of production.

If the vehicle were affordable why not release the price and send your competitors scrambling, like they’ve done with the rest of the line up? The answer is that it’s not going to be affordable at first.
respectfully, this is sort of nonsense

They haven’t released specs because they haven’t released specs

if they released specs, they’d have had a release event

but they haven’t had a release event yet

see how silly it is?

in effect all you’re saying is that they haven’t had a release event yet in a timing to your liking

that frustration is understandable and shared pretty much forum-wide

but makes no sense to say ‘why haven’t they released pricing before having a pricing release event’

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
respectfully, this is sort of nonsense

They haven’t released specs because they haven’t released specs

if they released specs, they’d have had a release event

but they haven’t had a release event yet

see how silly it is?

in effect all you’re saying is that they haven’t had a release event yet in a timing to your liking

that frustration is understandable and shared pretty much forum-wide

but makes no sense to say ‘why haven’t they released pricing before having a pricing release event’
It’s beyond frustrating at this point considering it was supposed to release back in 2021. It doesn’t help that Elon keeps saying it’s coming soon and then pushes back the date over and over again.

Tesla didn’t end up holding a delivery event for its Cybertruck in the third quarter of 2023 as CEO Elon Musk had hoped. “We’re anticipating having [a] delivery event, a great delivery event probably in Q3,” Musk said in the company’s April earnings call. “The Cybertruck handover… will hopefully be around the end of Q3 this year,” he added later in the call.

I suppose the reason they haven’t announced a day for the release event, which they could do months in advance, is because the vehicle is just not ready yet. So just say that.

I want the CT to be a success and I know Tesla will release it eventually, but the continuous display of uncertainty does not bode well for the vehicle, the stock, the company, or the industry. Tesla is the established leader of EV market, not a startup anymore. They need to exude confidence and reliability.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
It’s beyond frustrating at this point considering it was supposed to release back in 2021. It doesn’t help that Elon keeps saying it’s coming soon and then pushes back the date over and over again.

Tesla didn’t end up holding a delivery event for its Cybertruck in the third quarter of 2023 as CEO Elon Musk had hoped. “We’re anticipating having [a] delivery event, a great delivery event probably in Q3,” Musk said in the company’s April earnings call. “The Cybertruck handover… will hopefully be around the end of Q3 this year,” he added later in the call.

I suppose the reason they haven’t announced a day for the release event, which they could do months in advance, is because the vehicle is just not ready yet. So just say that.

I want the CT to be a success and I know Tesla will release it eventually, but the continuous display of uncertainty does not bode well for the vehicle, the stock, the company, or the industry. Tesla is the established leader of EV market, not a startup anymore. They need to exude confidence and reliability.
You gonna fold? Ask for your Benny (100$) back?

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
You gonna fold? Ask for your Benny (100$) back?
Nah, $100 is not that much to set aside for a couple more years. I just don’t know if my 14-year-old 260,000-mile car is going to last much longer. 😂

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Nah, $100 is not that much to set aside for a couple more years. I just don’t know if my 14-year-old 260,000-mile car is going to last much longer. 😂
Good you passed the test! I’m in the same situation, though less than half the miles. Usually trade in every 10years or so.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Even the X is affordable now. Let's think about that again

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

I think them pushing it back and not saying stuff is so that when they finally do say something. They are able to do so reliably and exude confidence.

It sucks for us who think about it everyday. But normies dont.

It's better to not say anything until it's right. Everyone always gets mad when Elon says something and then is wrong or late. Maybe theyre learning

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They stop haven't completed EPA and NHTSA testing/certification yet, correct? So that's sort of a limiting factor to when they can release the vehicle.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think them pushing it back and not saying stuff is so that when they finally do say something. They are able to do so reliably and exude confidence.

It sucks for us who think about it everyday. But normies dont.

It's better to not say anything until it's right. Everyone always gets mad when Elon says something and then is wrong or late. Maybe theyre learning
It bothers me to see a lot of people say 'the event is coming' or 'they have set a date, they just haven't shared it with the public'. It just adds to the frustration.

We are all on the same page in that we got our hopes up when the release candidates started being made on the schedule that Elon gave us that his timing for a delivery event would also follow the schedule. But they clearly paused the start of manufacturing, and we know that Elon wasn't happy with alignment tolerances, but it could have been a host of issues.

So now the wait for 'us' is just excruciating because we are all watching every little thing looking for that announcement. There are little bits of good news, like the Baja trip, or the videos showing more testing, but no announcement just gets more frustrating every day. Because of this frustration, and because the YouTubers know we are watching closely, they know that they can get guaranteed clicks with crap predictions that cannot possibly be true. And that also adds fuel to the frustration. The sigh of relief when the date is finally set will be palpable :)

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
“The Cybertruck handover… will hopefully be around the end of Q3 this year,” he added later in the call.
And therein lies the problem. He said "HOPEFULLY" and "AROUND" and everyone is taking that as a "broken promise" or a "missed deadline". We are only 2 weeks from the end of Q3, so we are still "around" the end. And "hopefully" ain't a promise.

We want the CT to roll out the day of the unveil, with a million copies available for everyone. Tesla (not just EM) wants to do it right. No black eyes, no recalls, no big issues. Better to do it right the first time than to "just do it" and screw it up.
Sponsored