Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
But can you tell what material is is? Could just be the aluminum or steel they use for the MY?
I have hauled aluminium roll on flat bed & 2 large roll made my gross weight permited, so yes it is possible.
Sponsored

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
That only means one thing, they are ready to start testing manufacturing processes.
About time!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I meant specifically about CT. I feel like it's been awhile since any major speculation.
Well, we've been seeing lots of extra machinery going in the South end, and a week or so ago there were some steel rolls transported that looked like the rolls SpaceX was using. And Tesla said they began battery cell production in Texas last quarter.

The factory continues to be built out and filled in.

-Crissa

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
It's SS...no it's not SS...it's Al...no it's not Al...it's gift wrap...yeah that's it...it's gift wrap! All I want for Christmas is my 4 motor CT...my 4 motor CT...my 4 motor CT...
There's gonna be single motor, dual motor and tri motor Cybertrucks ... no wait, there will not be a tri motor ... just a single, dual and quad variants ...

No quad reservations were ever taken, only single, dual and Tri ... but don't you stop believin in Santa ... ;-)

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Good point,

On closer inspection, there is a notch, it was either put there to avoid cracking, indicating a bend, or the saw may have overshot a tad, indicating it may be glued.

Thats the beginning and end of my technical analysis. lol

1663974220417.png
On the Tesla website there is a very clear break in the panel there. That takes a little more wind out of the sails of the folks that are adamant that the exoskeleton is taking a majority of the stresses. You almost couldnt pick a more critical structural location to put a joint if it were carrying a lot of load. see the image attached. I imagine the exoskeleton is adhered to an internal body ferrous steel frame at this location with a structural adhesive.
Tesla Cybertruck Stainless steel rolls spotted during delivery to Giga Texas today (9/20/22) ? 1665178578285

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It may be a break. it is definitely a bend.

I agree, maybe an engineer would agree, I think that frame especially with a bend in it, on its own, would not be strong enough. But the glass could also play part. I have NFI beyond wild speculation. lol

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The a pillar bears less load than the more substantial b pillars just in front of the door. The roof structure will need to be made of hollow tube not just a 2-3" wide flat sheet flapping in the wind.

Structurally the seam on the a pillar is irrelevant, it just means the panels are easier to fabricate and if the cabin structure is steel it can deform and flex through there without buckling something else. Like in a front collision etc. Coefficient of expansion may also make it necessary, as the aluminium cast, SS and steel structure will be different.
Sponsored