cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm writing this more for people who are actually curious about how Tesla plans to use the inherent strength of harder, stronger body panels to reduce the required weight of the rest of the chassis
you don’t *actually* know anything about Tesla’s ‘plans’ or the how these panels play into the CT’s load baring

yiu’re just expressing one view/opinion, framed as fact

to suggest @JBee isn’t actually interested in the topic, is wild

your ad hominem knows no bounds
Sponsored

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Even crabs have ripples and pinches and varying thickness in their shells, and the parts that connect to their legs and gill are complex fold-like ribs and shapes.

I swear, it's like no one has ever cleaned a crab around here.

-Crissa
Sorry, while I enjoy a good blue crab dip and bite of the wifes crab cakes on occasion here in Southern Maryland, the lobster is the bottom of where this New England raised man draws the line on effort to get at the meat per individual creature. Steamed clams are an exception since there's no opening involved. :)

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Sorry, while I enjoy a good blue crab dip and bite of the wifes crab cakes on occasion here in Southern Maryland, the lobster is the bottom of where this New England raised man draws the line on effort to get at the meat per individual creature. Steamed clams are an exception since there's no opening involved. :)
The lobster has an exoskeleton too.

If you had the superior Dungeoness crab from N. California, Oregon, Washington or Alaska, you wouldn't be so lazy about having to open that exoskeleton to get the meat. It's easy, once you know how.

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
The lobster has an exoskeleton too.

If you had the superior Dungeoness crab from N. California, Oregon, Washington or Alaska, you wouldn't be so lazy about having to open that exoskeleton to get the meat. It's easy, once you know how.
I've been lucky enough the crack open some King crab legs at the Pump House in Anchorage and get some Dungeness at Saltys in Seattle so I get that. Again, its just a matter of there not being enough meat in one blue crab to be worth my effort. :)

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I've been lucky enough the crack open some King crab legs at the Pump House in Anchorage and get some Dungeness at Saltys in Seattle so I get that. Again, its just a matter of there not being enough meat in one blue crab to be worth my effort. :)
Eat your crabby exoskeleton!! No cracking, no picking, no waiting...

Tesla Cybertruck Unassembled fender quarter panels stainless steel parts on Giga Texas factory floor Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.26.20 AM

Full disclosure; I'd never eat this thing.......

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.26.20 AM.png

Same here, called "soft crab". I've eaten far worse in survival schools, but this is NOT for me.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.26.20 AM.png

I've had a three or four of those, but only to try to understand the lunatics who swear it's the best thing ever. I would jhave stopped at one, but I wanted to be sure I just didn't get one from someone who didn't know what they were doing. Turns out, none of them can be considered better than 2 out of 10.

As a lifelong west coaster, and retired commercial fisher, I've eaten enough Dungeness and King Crab to feed an Orca for a year and I caught about 65% of it myself. Another third was given to me, mostly by other commercial fisherman, and the remaining 2% I bought in restraunts. Yes, Orca whales eat crab!

Dungeness is the best. King is a good thing. Opelio (snow), Blue, Red Rock, and Stone Crab are good in a pinch, if nothing better is available. All are exoskeletons, just like the Cybertruck! Unlike the Cybertruck, the freshness and how the crab was killed and cooked are more important than the species. Soft-shell crab excluded! The crabs in Mexico are substandard, especially the ones from the Gulf. Some of the least impressive Dungeness and King Crab I've eaten came from expensive restaurants. I've rarely had a great crab from a Supermarket, even when I've cooked it myself, so I quit buying them. The fact that it's expensive doesn't mean it will be good.

Most Americans who have tried crab, have never had a truly exceptional crab. It's impossible to beat an 8-inch Dungenous, pulled from deep cold water, and cooked immediately in the same water.

Dining tip: You don't need no stinking butter (and I love butter).

Dining tip #2: You don't need crab crackers, you can eat it a lot faster using nothing more than your fingers and an occasional light crack with your molars.

Dining tip #3: Don't let the juice escape - suck it out before it drains away! It's the best part.

Cooking tips will have to wait for another day, there are plenty of ways to ruin a perfectly good crab. Catching tips would fill a book.

They say money can't buy happiness, and crabs are the perfect manifestation of that. If you want a good crab, you really need to get out there and catch it yourself.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I want my CT to be bulletproof. I don't care what anyone says, that is a big selling feature for people.