ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
Here is a video I posted of my StarLink operating in a truckbed. Works like a charm.
It takes about 1 minute to lock in. If truck moves around I can stioll get some sognal but every 3 minutes or so, it re-orientates.

I am not looking for mobile operation, parked truck is OK. However, for a fixed bed installation, I am a bit afraid of the dish fragility during driving (seems heavy). It will suck if I would have to aseemble / dissasemble the dish at all times, I just want to pull over, open the Vault and communicate. ;)
Sponsored

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
That's cool, I didn't realize it was motorized and could orient itself, the info on the site made it seem like you had to manually orient it.

OP
OP

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
That's cool, I didn't realize it was motorized and could orient itself, the info on the site made it seem like you had to manually orient it.
It has 3D orientation. It is very cool. But I am afraid that this kind of gears cannot withstand road obuse / off roading. I would transport this in foam, face down.

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
Cool! Definitely not use while moving, like say cell connect. But would be quite awesome being able to connect at a camp/cabin deep in the mountains.
If they can make this happen I'll get one for sure.