Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Given that we have over a year to wait before even the first CTs roll off the line, I have been occupying my frustration by watching the various drone flybys of the construction at Giga Austin. I see these as increasingly artful and well executed documentaries, and I hope that Tesla sees it that way and will continue to allow it. It is certainly true that they are flying over private property, so they need permission to perform what I consider a public service to us as well as a service to in hope that they will get that permission.
Sponsored

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
I think Tesla likes the free publicity with the drones. Since they continue to allow Giga Berlin drones I don’t see them shutting it down in Austin.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Jeff got a reply from Elon and gave him permission....hopefully he keeps up the great work for us to marvel at!

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think Tesla likes the free publicity with the drones. Since they continue to allow Giga Berlin drones I don’t see them shutting it down in Austin.
Right. Jeff has been flying closer and lower all the time, and yesterday's video seemed too close to the workers. With a wide angle lens like these drones have, to get that close an image the drone must have been hovering right next to people. That would bother anyone. The video was cool, he just has to make sure that no people are around when he goes that low in the future.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Have you never heard of different lenses or secondary cameras or at the very least, digital zoom?

-Crissa
Of course I have, but have you at least watched the video before making that comment?