newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Sandy's take;

Either the release candidate’s suspension doesn’t impress Sandy, he’s bummed out about Corey or he’s constipated. The production Rivian suspension impression was a much different reaction from him.

My takeaway was the cybertruck wont Be doing any Baja with that suspension. It’s a basic modern day truck suspension (Ram like but with rear wheel steer).

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Steer by Wire is already on the market……Lexus has it. All Tesla needs to do is improve it to get progressive steering to make the yoke wheel work great. Tesla has applied for steer by wire patent. Don’t be surprised to see it.

youTube…”How Lexus Fixed Tesla’s Bad Idea”…Steer-By-Wire Yoke….
…Engineering Explained

Theprezodent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
Either the release candidate’s suspension doesn’t impress Sandy, he’s bummed out about Corey or he’s constipated. The production Rivian suspension impression was a much different reaction from him.

My takeaway was the cybertruck wont Be doing any Baja with that suspension. It’s a basic modern day truck suspension (Ram like but with rear wheel steer).
My thoughts EXACTLY. Sandy was jumping up and down about the Rivian suspension, and in this video he could not have been more ho hum.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
My thoughts EXACTLY. Sandy was jumping up and down about the Rivian suspension, and in this video he could not have been more ho hum.
i think Sandy's mood is more to do with recent events (Cory leaving,) and being generally old and grumpy.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

I think Sandy was bored and thinking it was a waste of time to do a video about photos of suspension on a prototype/test vehicle.

Wolfgram

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Steer by Wire is already on the market……Lexus has it. All Tesla needs to do is improve it to get progressive steering to make the yoke wheel work great. Tesla has applied for steer by wire patent. Don’t be surprised to see it.

youTube…”How Lexus Fixed Tesla’s Bad Idea”…Steer-By-Wire Yoke….
…Engineering Explained
You can see in the videos from the Electric Cars & Coffee that Franz attended recently, the steer by wire with progressive turn ratios is already working. He barely moved the Whoke to get the front tires to turn aggressively.

cal

First Name
cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla plaid, 2012 Tundra
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Oh noooooo! But when I look back at my working career I always stayed too long. Years too long.

I'm sure we'll see him again.

Thanks!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No mention of a rear push rod suspension or where the rear airbag is?

They should of thrown in the crash test videos, and notes how long the suspension arms are at least...

It was boring because they left half of the interesting parts out.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
You can see in the videos from the Electric Cars & Coffee that Franz attended recently, the steer by wire with progressive turn ratios is already working. He barely moved the Whoke to get the front tires to turn aggressively.
You say Tomato, l say Tomatoes!
You say 'Whoke', l say 'Stokes' § ( Squared-off Steering Yoke )
Gonna be stoked to drive my first EV ever!

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
No mention of a rear push rod suspension or where the rear airbag is?

They should of thrown in the crash test videos, and notes how long the suspension arms are at least...

It was boring because they left half of the interesting parts out.
I think we can all tell now that Corey drove the channel and video production. I watched it and was somewhat underwhelmed. Sandy knows his stuff, no doubt, but he ain't a natural YT'r. He's there for the technical analysis.

Now we have the Whoke, woke, yeel, stoke, steel, squeal, anything else?

Long live the BAW!

Last edited: