Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Yeah, I heard several sources say “Cybertruck delayed again” but I’m pretty sure EOY 2021 has always been slated as start of production and 2022 as the start of customer deliveries.

So long as production starts by early March, I have a solid chance of getting mine in time for my birthday. If it drifts into Q2 they I’ll start getting anxious.

If they get them out by end of Q1 2022, that’ll be 30 months wait instead of the 28 I expected to wait. This isn’t a game for the impatient.
yes agreed......if I get it by Q2 '22 I'll be very happy.
Sponsored

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
As per Em.... " After unveiling the Cybertruck in 2019, Tesla said that the electric pickup truck would make it to market by the end of 2021. '. Not the beginning.... the end.
Read my comment again but slower. This is what I was referring to: in a conference call after the Q4 2020 earnings call in January, Elon said this:

"If we get lucky, we’ll be able to do a few deliveries toward the end of this year, but I expect volume productions to begin in 2022."

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Mostly…. Mostly I’ll get excited when I hear some reliable source that 4680 production is hitting stride. That seems to be the single biggest roadblock in the project right now.
Elon saying CT production will be hard is more worrisome to me than 4680 production.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Maybe when he said ct production he was lumping 4680s in there with it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon saying CT production will be hard is more worrisome to me than 4680 production.
When Tesla pitched a product that relies on 3-4 key technologies they have never brought to market before, there is going to be some significant risk of delays. Heck nobody has brought a lot fo these things to market before.

* 4680 batteries
* Structural battery
* Exoskeleton body

Lots of other little features which others have done, but not really at this kind of scale.

They are trying to pull this off during a pandemic and major parts shortage.. If they get this off the ground by the start of Q2, it’s going to be really hard to bitch.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Having a concept vehicle make its public debut in Q4 of 2019 and go into production in Q4 of 2021 would be miraculous. Patience grasshoppers.

Like most of you I am waiting patiently for the debut of the actual production truck. I want to see the wheels/tires, windshield wipers, exterior mirrors, no door handles, options, seat color choices, final dimensions, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla all but confirms Cybertruck production delay until 2022 24E91367-4844-42B2-8A86-CDA6B96F5579

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Having a concept vehicle make its public debut in Q4 of 2019 and go into production in Q4 of 2021 would be miraculous. Patience grasshoppers.

Like most of you I am waiting patiently for the debut of the actual production truck. I want to see the wheels/tires, windshield wipers, exterior mirrors, no door handles, options, seat color choices, final dimensions, etc.

24E91367-4844-42B2-8A86-CDA6B96F5579.jpeg
One could argue that there are few if any new ICE vehicles that have gone into production within 2 years of the first prototype being shown. Often interesting prototypes get shown then abandoned. Or at least significantly modified to lose most of the unique or interesting features/looks before being produced in volume.

From what I see, cybertruck is going to be produced approximately 2.5 years after the incredibly unique prototype was shown and predominately what was shown is what people will be getting. With a few mods for significant improvements like 4 wheel steering.

AgentGB

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I just placed my order a couple of days ago so I am not anticipating a truck for about 3 years, So a delay now is not big deal to me. I also think the economy is about to crash and a lot of people will not be able or willing to buy the truck when their number comes up so I am guessing I will not have to wait as long as the list currently indicates. But we will see.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
There have already been extensive discussion of those who want to sell their place in line. And the agreement made for the $100 deposit is very clear that Tesla does not allow for the transfer of preorders.... So what about if the person passes away? Does the preorder transfer with the estate? Can the estate still purchase a low order number CT?
If the answer is yes, we may need a new thread to keep track. I foresee as many youngsters in the forum get older and have their own children, they will get their kids hooked on CT by telling stories about how fast they made their reservation on the reveal night, about the holly glow of CT in the museum and diminishing Elon tweets about CT in subsequent years. After several decades when neither the parents memories nor internet can be trusted, CT deniers will say it is right up there with moon landing; all fabricated. That is when the first production CT makes it out of the factory.

Your reservation spot is 1,236. Your son’s reservation spot is 623,186,021. You are sick in bed and while he is spoon feeding you soup, out of corner of your eyes you notice the Google search on his laptop screen: “humane poison”. Potential final thought:

• CT is real. Nobody believed me. I knew it was real.
  • My Dachshund will be so happy the pass through is big enough for him to go take care of his business in the vault.
  • I can’t believe they went with 2170 and the old chemistry. So what if 4680 didn’t work. Solid state is just around the corner.
  • I didn’t see that $150K price hike coming but antigravity standard feature is worth it. I hope my neighbor miss Yung uses her FSD or I may end up with a CT in my living room.
  • I should have known why that soup tasted funny.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Nothing. To think I just left another forum as it's over murderated.
“murderated” - not entirely sure what this would be. Somehow though I really want to avoid any group where this is even an issue to be concerned about. I don’t blame you for leaving.
Sponsored