CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Two items stood out to me. They showed the headlights at night/rain/snow and it seems like it has really bad visibility. Second, the rear view video looked almost unusable at night in rain. Maybe FSD visualization will be better. Need more testing on those items to see if my concerns are warranted or not.
The frunk not having a sensor and the rearview mirror (which needs a sprayer built in) are two legit fails I feel like on the CT. Every other critique from the review (and others) don’t have anything I see as bad. Plus I am way deep in the queue, so many of the things everyone complains about may be fixed by my time
Sponsored

Last edited:

bigmoose70

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 23' Model X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If this thing rattles that will be the deal breaker. My 23 MX rattles and if I wouldn’t lose so much money I’d sell it in a heart beat. Not making that mistake again.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
If this thing rattles that will be the deal breaker. My 23 MX rattles and if I wouldn’t lose so much money I’d sell it in a heart beat. Not making that mistake again.
Tesla pretty inconsistent. My 23 MX is much quieter than my 17 MX which was marginally noisier than my 16 MX.

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
That was a very discouraging review. I think all of us that are roughly a month or so from delivery date get a queazy stomach watching this. Of all the reviews out there they had major problems with stuff no one else seems to even mention. Like the rattles and squeaks, suspension issues and made a big deal out of A pillar blind spot, Something Munro seemed to express exactly the opposite.
on a hopeful side, it seems to be the pre delivery even beast that they were passing around and not a foundation unit.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I didn’t see any foundation badging so my guess it was a pre-production test mule.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
All these people taking delivery and posting about it on this site I believe are not people who are ok with being fully honest and telling the truth.

It's likely because they over hyped themselves and spent a ton of money on the truck and don't want to admit it's flaws.

Hopefully real owners will speak up about the interior noise levels, rattles/squeaks, harsh suspension, and the reality is that the rear view video feed is terrible vs a digital rear view mirror like many other trucks have nowadays. Tesla went cheap in that route.

Let's hear some truth from the Cybertruck owners that have their vehicles already, speak up!

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I can’t for the life of me figure out why they did wash front camera and not rear. The rear cam will be our only rear view mirror and road grime is bad back there. They built the function but didn’t route to the rear. A silly miss imo.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That was a very discouraging review. I think all of us that are roughly a month or so from delivery date get a queazy stomach watching this. Of all the reviews out there they had major problems with stuff no one else seems to even mention. Like the rattles and squeaks, suspension issues and made a big deal out of A pillar blind spot, Something Munro seemed to express exactly the opposite.
on a hopeful side, it seems to be the pre delivery even beast that they were passing around and not a foundation unit.

There just haven’t been many *real* reviews to date.

most or all of the reviews to date are from either general influenzas that don’t really know cars, minor EV ‘car influenzas’ who are repeat players incentivized to make nice with musk, or are otherwise known fanbois.

Then as for reports from real owners, you’ve so far got hour/day one 2019 pre-order folks (touch unobjective), or folks now monetizing their CTs on xwitter/youtube, or who otherwise haven’t owned trucks before, or now owe 90k on it and aren’t inclined to dig into their feels.

None of which is to suggest the CT isn’t a great truck that a lot of people won’t have great reasons to spend >$100K on, warts and all.

But for the clear eyed, picky, and experienced, there are compromises made in the end product to achieve either the design (A-pillars), functionality (air suspension), and price-point.

As for Munro. That dude’s just gone 80% Tesla shill, and 20% early onset something or another. He said it has great visibility in the same breath as saying he only had the truck 2hrs and hit something with the truck twice.

There *are* significant blind spots at the A-pillars, there *is* essentially zero rearward visibility outside that rearview camera (which, btw, lacks not just a washer but also a wiper in rain).

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Ya. Even Denniscw just came out with a video with a lot of negatives. And he’s been pretty positive as he monetizes the cyber clicks. I am really struggling as I’ve put my $1k down and expect I’ll be called up in a couple mos. I love my model S and am all in on EV. I hunt and have a quad and really would benefit from a pickup. I want to love the cybertruck but have to ask myself if I’m looking past the issues because of my emotional investment. With the Tesla charging network opening up to everyone and CT coming in at the same price as the rest, it now demands a hard look at the competition. I know I’m not alone with this anxiety. I never thought I would have wished I waited a week to originally reserve back in 2019 so I’d have more time for this to play out.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I’m very annoyed with the carrots being used in these reviews. Turned this review off as soon as they brought them out. Use a chicken wing or drumstick. It would be a mess, but if your going to try to do an analogous test, then use something analogous!!!!

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
OK. Enough with the "guillotine" FUD. I just did the same test on my F150 LIghtning. Guess what? It did the same thing! I didn't even have to go to the pinch point - even at the front of the truck it chopped the carrots right in half. I think a better test would be something like a chicken wing.

Talon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I didn’t see any foundation badging so my guess it was a pre-production test mule.
Yeah i would have to agree with that. They said it was a Cyberbeast as well, so it either had to be one of the originals delivered at the launch event, or a pre-production one??

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Recent video from one of the first CT owners after a lot of time and miles.
Similar loves and hates.
Loves the handing and acceleration
Hates the range/efficiency and visibility

Sponsored