Tesla Files to use new millimeter-wave radar on FSD cars.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Completely agree - people should be careful to write off FSD. While it may seem like it's taking long time to hammer out all the issues, the path forward is in place and Dojo will be what takes it from 80-95% usable to 99.99%
Agree. When I was working on DARPA funded AI projects, "learn by observing", etc was one of the hot topics.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
While it may seem like it's taking long time to hammer out all the issues, the path forward is in place and Dojo will be what takes it from 80-95% usable to 99.99%
Problem is that four nines isn't nearly enough.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
While that might be better than human drivers, it depends on where you're driving. I'm guessing people who go over Mullholland Drive or Highway 1 (or insert your favorite mountain road with no guardrails) would not find that acceptable!

"Fortunately, I didn't hit the mountain. Unfortunately, I went over the cliff" - Arlo Guthrie, The Motorcycle Song (live)

Robert Boyle

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
control systems engineer
Country flag
60 ghz band is dangerious and causes cancer because it is the resonant frequency of oxygen. That's why propagation is so short due to high energy absorbsion by oxygen. The military was working on a 60 ghz microwave cannon but it got shut down due to danger of it falling into the wrong hands. Exploding Red blood cells carrying oxygen would not be a good thing for the body. I hope Tesla researches this well before they adopt it. I don't want it on my cybertruck. There are many articles on this. Here is one below.

https://stop5g.cz/us/5g-60ghz-wirel...act of oxygen molecules,the rest of your body.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I’m old enough to remember the first “McQuter”, that’s right people couldn’t get the name right. Then the cellphone, or Bagphone, whatever, tube type tv’s, and bulky cameras that required a visit to the local shop to get your film developed. FSD, He’ll Yea!!! I’m all in and hope I live long enough to wave at traffic from the passenger side of my CT as it takes me home from the factory.

Robert Boyle

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
control systems engineer
Country flag
Millimeter radar waves at 60 ghz are dangerious and can cause cancer. Tesla, please don't go down this rabbit hole. Just Google it to learn more.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Millimeter radar waves at 60 ghz are dangerious and can cause cancer. Tesla, please don't go down this rabbit hole. Just Google it to learn more.
Dude, you already posted your alarmist crap without reading that the band they're using does not overlap the section you're complaining about. It would do them no good to go over 60Ghz.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the key here, is will this tech be in the first 46,000 trucks delivered....re: I am 46,160.....hehehehe
Sponsored