Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So as they roll out the semi truck charging network, Cybertruck drivers towing loads will get access to that network and pull through stalls. This… makes a ton of sense because for a long time Semi won’t have enough trucks on the road to justify building out their network. Cybertrucks will be able to slurp up power at ridiculous speeds.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
So as they roll out the semi truck charging network, Cybertruck drivers towing loads will get access to that network and pull through stalls. This… makes a ton of sense because for a long time Semi won’t have enough trucks on the road to justify building out their network. Cybertrucks will be able to slurp up power at ridiculous speeds.
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Semi Launch Event Dec 1 Screenshot_20221201-214328_Drive

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
My takeaways from the event:

The Semi has a 1000-volt drivetrain (other vehicles coming)
They said something about the heat pump that I didn't catch
I think Elon said Semi will have the same proven heat pumps ( I assume also octo valve too) units used in Tesla car models.

Their Megacharger will be used for CT also (1000-volt drivetrain above?)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is link to Tesla Semi Delivery Event but the video is cued to start at info on SuperCharger V4 MegaCharger and also Cybertruck charging.

Tesla Semi Delivery Event
2020 Dec 1

-------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If CT has a 200kWh battery on V4 charger it would take 12 min to 100% charge.
Tapering will happen fast. Might see 3-4 minutes at max speed then charge speed will drop quickly. Between the 500 mile range and quickly adding those first few miles, it’ll be a super enjoyable road tripping machine.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Tapering will happen fast. Might see 3-4 minutes at max speed then charge speed will drop quickly. Between the 500 mile range and quickly adding those first few miles, it’ll be a super enjoyable road tripping machine.
That is true. Also it's probably not actually 1000 amps or exactly 1000v. But also your battery is not going to be at 0.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
If cybertruck pulling a 14,000 lb trailor is as efficiant as Semi (2kw/mile) it would need 250kWh pack to pull a trailor for 500 miles.

I'm saving a slice of crow pie for you people that think you need more range.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
If cybertruck pulling a 14,000 lb trailor is as efficiant as Semi (2kw/mile) it would need 250kWh pack to pull a trailor for 500 miles.

I'm saving a slice of crow pie for you people that think you need more range.
If a Cybertruck had good aero fairings between the Cybertruck & the 14,000 lb trailer with good aero they should be more efficient than Semi + trailer because the Cybertruck has lower drag coefficient and much less frontal area than Semi + trailer.

Deleted member 3316

So, Tesla is having their first launch even in a while Dec 1 where they will send off the first Semi's. While the Semi is a big deal for investors, industry and reducing global emissions, it's a bit boring for the general car fan. I think that's why they threw in the Roadster last time in a very memorable moment. Will we see another "one more thing"?

And more importantly, will it be the Cybertruck? A Roadster update is also possible, but I think the sports car is on the back burner until the CT is shipping. And Dec 1 seems like great timing as the CT line in Auston will be in full prep mode. We also know Elon was going to get his beta in "a few weeks" a few weeks ago. So there WILL be a new Cybertruck version driving around if the big cheese ever leaves Twitter HQ.

What will we see?

View Live Stream here:

https://livestream.tesla.com/

I just found this thread and haven’t bothered to look through as the last posts appear to have gone off topic…. I thinking maybe some has already also guessed this…..

I think the Semi launch might have a semi with no trailer (showing ludicrous acceleration), one fully loaded with Pepsi drinks, and another filled with the various Teslas… OG Roadster, OG Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y, 2020 Roadster, Cybertruck, Cyberquad, CyberVan, Robotaxi, Model 2; But they won’t take any of them off the trailer.

OP
OP
TheLastStarfighter

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I just found this thread and haven’t bothered to look through as the last posts appear to have gone off topic…. I thinking maybe some has already also guessed this…..

I think the Semi launch might have a semi with no trailer (showing ludicrous acceleration), one fully loaded with Pepsi drinks, and another filled with the various Teslas… OG Roadster, OG Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y, 2020 Roadster, Cybertruck, Cyberquad, CyberVan, Robotaxi, Model 2; But they won’t take any of them off the trailer.
The event has happened. The only thing that did ocur was a Semi with Pepsi/Frito treats.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The event has happened. The only thing that did ocur was a Semi with Pepsi/Frito treats.
They did show parts of a video where Semi and loaded trailer with total combined weight of 81,000 lbs. traveled 500 mi on the original charge ( no extra charging stops ).

They promised the full video ( 8 hours) would be posted on the Internet.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The tri motor drivetrain is intriguing, they actually disengage 2 of the motors when it’s driving at cruising speed. So it’s only running the single motor and not spinning the unused motors. This would be very nice for the Cybertruck too.
They do this in the dual-motor - at least, they use one motor for drive at cruising speed and just let the other spin - so it's not without precedent. Did they say the other motors aren't spinning? A true neutral would be new.

-Crissa

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
They do this in the dual-motor - at least, they use one motor for drive at cruising speed and just let the other spin - so it's not without precedent. Did they say the other motors aren't spinning? A true neutral would be new.

-Crissa
They DID say the motors wouldn't spin until engaged. That's different. Currently, the motor spins but they are not energized... which is why they use two motor types, of course. You can't disengage the more efficient permanent magnet types.
Sponsored