TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Answered my own question on "where are the 5 orange lights" You can see them here on the track video from December 2021

1661810578122.jpeg
There they are! Tried to find a pic but couldn't. Knew I had seen them though. I like the addition of the width lights and the bottom daytime runners from the prototype to now. Looks way better.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I know these tires and wheels are likely a temporary/ testing setup, but the dirty truck plus the testing tires gives the Cybertruck a very no-nonsense, industrial look. The wires and junk hanging off don’t help.

Tesla Cybertruck Tester Cybertruck Prototype Spotted on a Tow Truck! 1661813074592

I almost like these wheels better than the other for that reason alone. Also worth noting, this looks like different, more off-road friendly tread than the tread we’ve seen previously. Looks like more aggressive side knobs. Also, the tires look like maybe they are running lower pressure?

Tesla Cybertruck Tester Cybertruck Prototype Spotted on a Tow Truck! 1661812979675

Tesla Cybertruck Tester Cybertruck Prototype Spotted on a Tow Truck! 1661813725747

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I know these tires and wheels are likely a temporary/ testing setup, but the dirty truck plus the testing tires gives the Cybertruck a very no-nonsense, industrial look. The wires and junk hanging off don’t help.

1661813074592.jpeg

I almost like these wheels better than the other for that reason alone. Also worth noting, this looks like different, more off-road friendly tread than the tread we’ve seen previously. Looks like more aggressive side knobs. Also, the tires look like maybe they are running lower pressure?

1661812979675.png

1661813725747.png
unintentionally similar tires on my Taco right now

Deleted member 3316

Note: stress fracture pattern across the central field of that windshield. That is downward pressure buckle. Explains why no exo-damage is visible but glass cracked.

The Cybertruck has been pancaked HARD. Pancaked in a depression, dip, jump or nasty hole which dirtied both sides of the truck.

Explains why the flatbed, maybe. Glad somebody took one for Team Cybertruck to prove the limit of that massive windshield.

Alt: each crack appears with an impact. Maybe Hans had it for the weekend.

Looks like the reflections of the beech tree to me…

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
Note: stress fracture pattern across the central field of that windshield. That is downward pressure buckle. Explains why no exo-damage is visible but glass cracked.

The Cybertruck has been pancaked HARD. Pancaked in a depression, dip, jump or nasty hole which dirtied both sides of the truck.

Explains why the flatbed, maybe. Glad somebody took one for Team Cybertruck to prove the limit of that massive windshield.

I think there is a reflection of the tree on the glass making it look like cracks

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag

That windshield is huuuuge from this angle
Super and mirrors present

FSD training / calibration?!

FbJuXSyVUAAtepb.jpeg

FbJuXSyVUAAtepb copy.jpeg

Some people say the windshield is cracked, all I see is a reflection of tree branches

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag

Yeah, you can see the reflection of the top of the tree on the windshield, not cracks

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
...it's the reflection of the tree behind it.

They always transport their prototypes this way.

-Crissa
Thank you!!! I’ve been talking about the reflection of the tree the whole time… it’s the top of the tree

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
"Hey, I'll put my kid's art project on the bonnet, it'll screw with their minds for weeks!"

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I’m still trying to figure out what the discoloration on the sides is. Looks a lot like my car after bombing down forest roads or off-roading.

Is that dust? Is this taken after an off-roading test?
Based on all the responses to the “cracks” being reflections of a tree, I feel very confident that’s not dirt on the sides of the CT, it’s a reflection of the bushes. :)

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Grrr... Zooming in the Tesla in the picture looks like plate is 63277, which is used on almost all new Tesla's. I was hoping to get more info to get an idea where this picture may have been taken.