Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The people on this site are not representative of most of those who ordered the Cybertruck. We are the hardcore who really really want one. By the time the truck actually gets built it wouldn’t suprise me if 60 to 70% of those who ordered moved on to something else. That means those of us who are further back in the queue won’t really have much of a delay at all. So ?.
Sponsored

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
I suspect you are right and IF, which is a big if, the other manufacturers can hit volume production, a lot of people may jump. As a late CT reservation holder, May 2021, I have a lot of time before I'll have to decide on CT. I think Tesla still builds the best EVs and suspect the CT will be the best of the EV trucks but I put a reservation down on a Rivian as well and will take a hard look at how they are doing in the real world when my number comes up (late 2023/2024 depending on how many trucks they start putting out). Will likely go ahead with the Rivian and evaluate when my CT number comes up (2025?).

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The people on this site are not representative of most of those who ordered the Cybertruck. We are the hardcore who really really want one. By the time the truck actually gets built it wouldn’t suprise me if 60 to 70% of those who ordered moved on to something else. That means those of us who are further back in the queue won’t really have much of a delay at all. So ?.
hope your are right.....I am 46,160 on list

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
Only 25% of Model 3 reservations placed before it began shipping, dropped out by 2019, three years after the first orders were taken in 2016.

-Crissa
I was actually one of them unfortunately. Was waiting for the performance and then they priced it at like 80k originally when self driving was included. I was like "nope gimme my 1k back." They came to their senses and lowered the price by like 20k over the coming months, but I'd already moved on. Tesla makes great cars, but they need to keep their priorities on fantastic products and need to learn to steer away from the money grabs.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I've said that all along. Someone posted a poll a while back for us to guess what the purchase rate from the reservations would be and I either said under 50% or wrote it in if that wasn't an option...and was based on less options available. It's easy to put $100 down. Much harder to drop $40-$70k on an unproven vehicle.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only 25% of Model 3 reservations placed before it began shipping, dropped out by 2019, three years after the first orders were taken in 2016.

-Crissa
thats still a big number....for the CT it would mean over 250k drop outs

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Although very pie-in-the-sky, I like your bright and sunny disposition. Trying to stay positive here!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I, for my part, have rage cancelled Cybertruck a minimum of four times a day since September 2021. In my mind, of course, and very discreetly at that (the hippocampus knew, but the frontal lobe never got wind).

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I, for my part, have rage cancelled Cybertruck a minimum of four times a day since September 2021. In my mind, of course, and very discreetly at that (the hippocampus knew, but the frontal lobe never got wind).
As a very good and famous internet psychologist I am here to help. You are suffering from cyberphrenia, a condition where the mind splits brought on by an euphoric event followed by long periods of depression. If I learned anything from Fight Club you should not talk about this and you should follow any and all voices....
Sponsored