Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
See below link for Elon's response when Leno asks about the looks of the Cybertruck - he specifically responds to how lame it is when companies make beautiful show cars uglier. Agreed that the mirrors are worse than the wiper, but am actually quite impressed with Tesla's approach there since they made them removable. :)
Fair enough. There is a bit of we hear what we want to hear in there. Or at least I heard what I wanted to hear. Namely that they aren’t going to water down the truck in it’s final version.

I don’t think the wiper is going to sway people one way or the other on the truck’s looks. Lots of people just plain hate it already. The people who think it looks cool are going to ignore it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
Fair enough. There is a bit of we hear what we want to hear in there. Or at least I heard what I wanted to hear. Namely that they aren’t going to water down the truck in it’s final version.

I don’t think the wiper is going to sway people one way or the other on the truck’s looks. Lots of people just plain hate it already. The people who think it looks cool are going to ignore it.
Yup agreed, and agreed that it's not it's impossible to live with. I just expect more from Tesla for some reason. That perfectly flat front end and wiper design could be a showpiece of engineering. They shouldn't give up on something that prominent to the cars looks and to the drivers view. Should push and get it done!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yup agreed, and agreed that it's not it's impossible to live with. I just expect more from Tesla for some reason. That perfectly flat front end and wiper design could be a showpiece of engineering. They shouldn't give up on something that prominent to the cars looks and to the drivers view. Should push and get it done!
I think a lot of people forget that value/ bang for the buck has always been a fundamental part of the Cybertruck.

Fancy wiper stashing tech is complicated, not cheap, and not fundamental to the essential functioning of the truck.

OP
OP

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
I think a lot of people forget that value/ bang for the buck has always been a fundamental part of the Cybertruck.

Fancy wiper stashing tech is complicated, not cheap, and not fundamental to the essential functioning of the truck.
I'm good without fancy, just not on the windshield lol. Have the top of the hood pop up 2 inches and a pop the wiper onto the windshield when the wipers are on. How much would it add to the cost - 50 bucks at most I'll bet.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm good without fancy, just not on the windshield lol. Have the top of the hood pop up 2 inches and a pop the wiper onto the windshield when the wipers are on. How much would it add to the cost - 50 bucks at most I'll bet.
I did an illustration of why it’s not quite that simple in the other thread.

If there is an easy $50 fix for it, I’m pretty sure Tesla would have done it because Musk was not in love with the mega-wiper either. There is a lot going on in that part of the car and the flat front complicates things.

OP
OP

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
I did an illustration of why it’s not quite that simple in the other thread.

If there is an easy $50 fix for it, I’m pretty sure Tesla would have done it because Musk was not in love with the mega-wiper either. There is a lot going on in that part of the car and the flat front complicates things.
Fingers crossed they figure it out :)

OP
OP

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
With all the crazy rumors and BS floating around, I ran out of fingers to cross a while ago.
Haha, yup. This pic I hope illustrates my point. The truck is 100% straight metal and glass..except for one massive thing...right on the front lol, and you get to look at it all the time when driving to boot. Doesn't fit at all - don't give up Tesla!!

Tesla Cybertruck The Laughable & Ugly Wiper Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 5.18.09 PM

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
The wiperhaters may move to the end of the queue and wait for the updated design.
Please don't bother the CT's masculine symbol ♂
Hold up Volvo is making Cybertrucks now?

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
This wiper is nothing less than embarrassing!!
Probably the engineering team should dedicate only to doing whistles!

Brazen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yeah you could keep all the a pillars and everything else identical, but just angle the windshield a few degrees steeper inset of the a pillar, so that it creates an inch or so gap at the bottom of the windshield to fit a wiper

it may impact on aerodynamics slightly, but there are clever things you can do on the trailing edge of the hood to minimise impacts. In fact it could be possible there may be a solution that is better aerodynamically than currently having the large wiper sitting on the windshield

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I do not see as yet, does not me not there, wiper fluid nozzles. If the nozzles are on the wiper, the annoying dry wipe before lubrication.

Zero innuendo

My gut tells me we have not seen the final iteration. There also can go the route of a fold flat along pillar with left side skin to blend with pillar.

Think thin vertical bar when folded flat provide slim profile. The left side, outer facing when folded flat, can be made to direct water reducing icing.

While I do not think we see final iteration, I would bet the secret design is 95% committed