First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
Why didn't you include the option:

Keep that beautiful and massively masculine giant wiper?

At least you admit your poll is biased.
Hard for me to imagine writing those questions in any more biased of a way lol - you really prefer the wiper visible?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
^This^

The windshield wiper gap creates much more drag than a vertical wiper would. This might seem inconsequential, but it would make the truck more expensive to purchase and operate because the added drag would require a slightly larger battery to compensate. Then the truck weighs more and has that much less cargo capacity. These issues compound with one another. So, it's better to just eliminate the drag in the first place because it offers more value to the consumer than meets the eye.

Sleek is good. Aero drag is the major consumer of battery energy, optimizing for lowest aero drag pays big dividends. Lucid understands this (they are run by an engineer) but legacy auto dismisses additions to aero drag as minor and unimportant.
Agreed I would definitely not recommend leaving a gap anywhere. Should retract from the hood since they need to figure that approach out for the roadster anyway.

crimsonaudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Land Cruiser, awaiting a CYBRTRK
Country flag
It's horrible - it looks like a generic add-on someone bought at Walmart and stuck on the truck.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's horrible - it looks like a generic add-on someone bought at Walmart and stuck on the truck.
Iā€™m pretty sure there will be a whole wiper wrap industry so you can make it totally custom.

Iā€™m thinking a sweet samaraI sword skin would be rad. Every time it rains it would be like Whoosh, Braveheart ****** FFRRRREEEEDOMMMM *****

What were we talking about again?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Everyone here will still buy if the truck if it had eight wiper arms.

Plus, the BAW can over-clock to the left, via setting, to clothesline overzealous people asking about your truck. (I am one of them)

At the tip, switch blade wiper to extend the rest of the windshield. With authentic switchblade noise.

if the wiper remains in this iteration, hope the wiperā€˜s view is hidden by the pillar.

I am hoping to see the interior soon. Lots of teasing hints with the ā€œleakedā€ photos and video.
Tesla Cybertruck The Laughable & Ugly Wiper vQq91nk

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
As I've said elsewhere, I don't hate the current wiper but there is still some room for improvement. It seems to grow on me a bit more seeing it rendered and in motion with the CT:

Hawkskier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The glass is going to be super hard and smooth. Like applying rain-X weekly. So the wiper is only needed to remove snow or mud. Make it removable like the mirrors.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wasn't aware Canada had super fragile concrete.
Ice can be stronger than concrete. It's amazing stuff, really. So many different ways for it to combine, compact, crystalize.

My favorite is when you get a slow, even freezing and the ice on the ponds are crystal clear. An inch can be far stronger than a foot of ice mixed with snow or air. And get more than a couple inches of it and it might as well be cement. The right temperature, and it'll remain plastic, too.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
Ice can be stronger than concrete. It's amazing stuff, really. So many different ways for it to combine, compact, crystalize.

My favorite is when you get a slow, even freezing and the ice on the ponds are crystal clear. An inch can be far stronger than a foot of ice mixed with snow or air. And get more than a couple inches of it and it might as well be cement. The right temperature, and it'll remain plastic, too.

-Crissa
Wow, I had no idea. Funnily though, if dealing with ice like that, you're not even going to be able to get the door open, nor would you be able to use a wiper on the windshield lol. If anything, the wiper would have been better off being hidden. ;P

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

-Crissa
Ice is amazing. So amazing in fact that during WWII there was even a proposal to build giant aircraft carriers out of ice. So large that bombers could be landed on them. The plan was called Project Habakkuk.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wow, I had no idea. Funnily though, if dealing with ice like that, you're not even going to be able to get the door open, nor would you be able to use a wiper on the windshield lol. If anything, the wiper would have been better off being hidden. ;P
Yeah, if the frunk is sealed shut, there's a good chance so is the door.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah, if the frunk is sealed shut, there's a good chance so is the door.

-Crissa
Yeah, if you ever get pissed off at your neighbor, turning on a sprinkler at 2am on a night with a deep freeze will fix them.
Sponsored