These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Living Vehicle teams up with Volta Power Systems to offer the highest-capacity electric power system available in a residential travel trailer.

Luxury travel trailer company Living Vehicle has taken one giant step closer to their goal of a net-zero energy vehicle. The California-based company has partnered with Volta Power Systems to equip the new 2021 Living Vehicle with an automotive-grade energy system that can store up to 47,600 watt-hours of energy for a 3,080-watt-capable solar array—enough to continuously power two air conditioning units off grid and charge an electric vehicle at rates of up to 44 miles per charge.
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck e-the-flexibility-to-avoid-rv-parks-and-stay-anywh

"To enjoy true off-grid living, access to reliable energy is a necessary and life-sustaining resource for safety, health, and comfort," says Joanna Hofmann, co-founder and CMO of Living Vehicle. "Our customers value the flexibility to avoid RV parks and stay anywhere with all the luxury comforts of shore power."

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck from-the-side-of-the-vehicle-in-less-than-a-minute

Living Vehicle founders Joanna and Matthew Hoffman seen standing on the seven-foot-deep patio deck that folds down and sets up from the side of the vehicle in less than a minute

Thoughtfully redesigned in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Living Vehicle’s newest models offer increased shore power and resource conservation technology for full-time, luxurious, off-grid living, as well as a mobile office option for remote work.
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck g-capacity-to-six-and-features-an-aluminum-chassis

The 2021 Living Vehicle sleeps up to four (an automatic eurolift option increases sleeping capacity to six) and features an aluminum chassis.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck ages-to-an-off-road-package-for-outdoor-adventures

The Living Vehicle can be customized for different environments and terrain, from four-season performance packages to an off-road package for outdoor adventures.

"With the continued disruption of COVID-19, advanced energy is helping us reimagine what’s possible for adventure, safety, and everyday life," says Jack Johnson, founder and CEO of Volta Power Systems. "More than any other trailer on the market, Living Vehicle uses the Volta system to its fullest capability, creating an off-grid experience never before possible."
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck awer-dresser-and-a-blackout-shade-for-the-skylight

The bedroom features a queen bed with a cool-touch memory foam mattress, a four-foot closet with a hat shelf, a three-drawer dresser, and a blackout shade for the skylight.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck n-80-inch-long-walnut-desk-surface-and-white-board

With the Mobile Office package, owners can easily fold up the queen bed into the wall to reveal an 80-inch-long walnut desk surface and white board.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck unit-can-be-added-next-to-the-three-drawer-dresser

An optional washer/dryer combo unit can be added next to the three-drawer dresser.

Living Vehicle is releasing three models for 2021, each with different energy generation and storage systems. Starting at $229,995, the 2021 CORE model can supply between one to two weeks of off-grid energy with 9,000 watt-hours of energy capacity and 1,320 watts of solar power. The 2021 MAX model bumps up its energy supply to two to four weeks with 24,000 watt-hours of energy storage and a total solar supply of 2,640 watts. The 2021 PRO has the largest solar system at 3,080 watts and 47,600 watt-hours of energy storage to offer upwards of four weeks of off-grid living. With adequate solar conditions on a daily basis, however, even the Living Vehicle CORE should be able to sustain power indefinitely, says the company.
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck 0-watts-of-solar-that-comes-standard-to-2640-watts

The 36-inch auto-extending solar awning doubles the amount of solar power from the base 1,320 watts of solar that comes standard to 2,640 watts.

Equipped with larger amounts of inverter power than ever before, all 2021 Living Vehicle models are capable of charging companion Electric Vehicles.
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck 5-times-the-speed-of-the-standard-level-1-chargin

The 2021 Living Vehicle models can charge companion electric vehicles. The PRO model includes an option for Level 2 charging to charge EVs at about 15 times the speed of the standard Level 1 charging.

"Many of our customers have down-payments on electric trucks like Tesla’s Cybertruck or the Rivian, which require access to reliable charging for long-term, off-grid use," says Matthew Hofmann, co-founder and lead designer of Living Vehicle. "With the ability to export high-voltage power from the Volta system, Living Vehicle models will be able to quickly and sustainably charge these tow vehicles or companion cars using stored energy."
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck ed-in-the-hallway-for-easy-access-from-the-outside

All the tech panels (such as the breakers, inverter, security, air conditioning thermostat, ceiling heater, and furnace) are located in the hallway for easy access from the outside.

In addition to increased energy capacity, the 2021 Living Vehicle has been elongated by a foot to a total interior length of 29 feet. The new models also feature a stronger anodized aluminum chassis, a new integrated railing system to increase the capacity of the folding outdoor patio deck, a full-size solar refrigerator, and a mobile office option with 80 inches of desk space and hookups for tech equipment.
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck -upholstery-with-an-ultra-leather-optional-upgrade

The indoor dining space that seats six easily converts into a queen-sized bed. The lounge cushions are covered in marine-grade upholstery with an ultra-leather optional upgrade.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck ce-has-also-been-upgraded-with-a-new-media-cabinet

Every 2021 Living Vehicle comes with a 42" 4k Smart HDTV. The space has also been upgraded with a new media cabinet.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck ptional-oven-dishwasher-and-insta-hot-water-system

A view of the Living Vehicle kitchen with plenty of storage as well as the optional oven, dishwasher and insta-hot water system.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck ems-that-run-off-of-propane-instead-of-electricity

Owners can upgrade their Living Vehicle with the Chef's Kitchen package that includes a marine-grade stainless steel oven/stove combo. The oven, furnace, and water heater are the only items that run off of propane instead of electricity.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck -can-be-latched-shut-when-the-vehicle-is-in-motion

This 13-cubic-foot solar-powered fridge is now standard in all 2021 Living Vehicles. The doors can be latched shut when the vehicle is in motion.

The Living Vehicle 2021 luxury travel trailers are now available for reservation with deliveries expected for early next year. Each Living Vehicle is handcrafted and can be customized from a selection of option packages.
Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck oilet-towel-warmer-outdoor-shower-and-a-shower-sea

All Living Vehicle showers measure 32 inches by 36 inches with a clear skylight above. The optional Spa Bathroom upgrade includes a rear hardwood slatted wall with shelving, macerator with bidet or compost toilet, towel warmer, outdoor shower, and a shower seat.

Tesla Cybertruck These Off-Grid, Luxury Travel Trailers Pack Enough Oomph to Power a Tesla Cybertruck r-and-placed-next-to-the-waterproof-fold-down-deck

An optional outdoor shower is powered by a tankless water heater and placed next to the waterproof fold-down deck.

Source: dwell.com
Sponsored

Stinkd

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius V5, 1948 Bus, Mercedes SL500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for posting the full details of this, with pictures! It sounds awesome. I like the interesting ideas/options presented, it now leaves me excited for what the future will bring.

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
There is another thread here talking about features that will be desired in trailers/campers when using them with the CT.
Looking through the Living Vehicle site, they seem to have a lot of the desired features that were talked about. I look forward to this and other trailers that might be coming as useful upgrades to the CT.

joethemechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mack, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Case 580K Backhoe, 4 forklifts, various trailers, Etc,etc,etc
Occupation
Truck and equipment repair shop owner
Country flag
In most areas of the US, 3KW of solar panels are only going to produce 9KWh of electricity per day. That isn't much. It's not going to supply modern living with HVAC, and charge an electric vehicle

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
We have a 21' conventional Toy Hauler.
We bought it used for less than $8k USD.
It's no "luxury" but it is comfortable.
It sleeps 4 with a shower/bath combo and kitchen.
The back opens down and is used as a ramp/patio.
It has an onboard Onan generator.
It has a spare gas tank for fueling ATV's.
We put a small solar panel for recharging the 12V battery that powers the lighting and dc based systems.
It has a propane fridge and stove/oven.

I'm thinking kind of a hybrid Cybertruck setup with this toy hauler. The CT tows it, the generator on the TH can be used to charge the CT at the destination (if dry camping). The spare fuel tank can be used to fill the Onan.

I plan on maybe replacing the propane fridge with a 12V portable fridge (12V battery with solar charging) ~$500 USD.

I don't think a camper solution needs to be $xxx,xxx USD if you combine a bunch of existing technologies that meld nicely with the CT platform.

(I plan on buying the CyberQuad with my CT).

webroady

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Scion xB, 2009 F250
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So many toys, so little money!
Nice concept, like the Murphy bed office. But it’s a boatload of money and not at all aerodynamic.

Buying a bunch of Tesla stock. If it takes off as expected in the next few years this trailer might become affordable.

Mike

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'm afraid I only have bad news here. First off this trailer does not have enough oomph to charge your CT. With a 3 kW solar array you might get 18 kWh a day out of the sun in a relatively sunny place in summer (which is, presumably, when you'd use it most). If all that went to charging the CT it would charge the battery about 9% adding about 40 miles range. That might be enough under some circumstances (SC within 100 mi, say). But it leaves nothing over for running the refrigerator, lights, washer/dryer etc.

The other bad news is that the days of making a killing on Tesla stock are, alas, over. It may run up 30% over a couple of years but these days of 100 and 200%/yr are over.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Let me offer a counter opinion

Room service, room attendants, dinner reservations, shows, bars, showers with room for two. 99.9% no bears.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I see your crystal ball is finally out of the shop.
No. Still waiting for parts but we don't need a crystal ball for this prediction. It doubled three times in 2020. Doubling from where it is today (100% increase) takes it to $1300. A 200% increase takes it to nearly $2000. I hope to see it at those levels some day but I do not expect it to be at those levels within a year. Maybe 3 - 5 yrs. What sort of even could we envision that would bring about a 100 - 200 percent change within the year.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
No. Still waiting for parts but we don't need a crystal ball for this prediction. It doubled three times in 2020. Doubling from where it is today (100% increase) takes it to $1300. A 200% increase takes it to nearly $2000. I hope to see it at those levels some day but I do not expect it to be at those levels within a year. Maybe 3 - 5 yrs. What sort of even could we envision that would bring about a 100 - 200 percent change within the year.
Um....

I do not expect it to be at those levels within a year
I would agree with you there. But looking at a 1-year time frame seems a little bit on the side of being a short-term investor.

You then go on to reveal that it might hit those levels in
Maybe 3 - 5 yrs
Now that is more on the timeframe I would expect to see serious gains in Tesla stock. Perhaps a little bit sooner but I doubt it's within 1 year. Now go out a little farther and you have the Warren Redlich predictions of hitting maybe 20k or more by about 2030. Assuming Tesla continues to deliver and actually gets FSD and robotaxi working, those types of numbers seem possible too.

But yeah, we are in the doldrums of execution at the moment. And sometime between now and maybe 3 years from now the stock will most likely start performing way beyond the imagination of many. Problem is that I at least have absolutely no idea when the serious run will begin. So I've invested now and will just ignore the stock for the next few years. So far Tesla has treated me well. I'm staying loyal at this time.

But hey, I'm not a lawyer. I am not giving stock tips. Do not construe this as advice. It's just how I'm thinking about the stock for myself. Good luck and good riddance to anyone who tries to use this as a plan to follow with actual stock trades.
Sponsored