Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I did. My userid is in top left cell. Thx.
[update: added column for extended range of 50 kWh]

I just added miles for your trip (57*2) and need to get the miles for others at some point.
You’re amazing for doing this. I might need to get with you to do a Q&A on CT range here soon on YouTube

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
You’re amazing for doing this. I might need to get with you to do a Q&A on CT range here soon on YouTube
Thoughtful of you to say. You are doing nice service to the community and your effort takes a ton more time. So big thanks to you. It just seemed like something that has been talked about so even a rough spreadsheet that just takes the numbers as shown in videos seem like it would be useful.

See 5 (thread) in my sig as well because I like to see how that tool maps to real-world usage.
5) ABetterRouteplanner (ABRP) route testn

Last edited:

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Man I was just up near Tracy this past weekend. I’d totally love to set something up
Aww man! Ok, please reach out to these guys - https://www.letsgosilver.com/.

Tell them the owner of new Basecamp 20X referred you. They will know. The company owner is super nice and very responsive. I just sent him an email to give heads up. They can also deliver the trailer to your area if you can't go there.

Looking forward to seeing your new towing video with Airstream. All the best my friend! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Aww man! Ok, please reach out to these guys - https://www.letsgosilver.com/.

Tell them the owner of new Basecamp 20X referred you. They will know. The company owner is super nice and very responsive. I just sent him an email to give heads up. They can also deliver the trailer to your area if you can't go there.

Looking forward to seeing your new towing video with Airstream. All the best my friend! :)
I’ll reach out to the them. Thanks for this!

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I encourage you to come drive to Dallas! I have a 25’ Airstream for you to test 😎 Not sure when my truck will be here… March? If you want to make a roadtrip To test, I’m here!
🤔 I do have a buddy near Dallas who would love for me to come visit

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
Super helpful - THANK YOU! I'm very interested, as I will be towing a 5k lb boat very soon.

Question - what was the elevation change on the way up? I'll be going 6k miles up over about 80 miles...wondering how much that kind of elevation will eat into range.

Thanks again1

Tsimes

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Thanks for doing this! So towing 7000 pounds on a flat surface from a full charge will go how many miles?
Best guess?👍👍👍

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Thanks for doing this! So towing 7000 pounds on a flat surface from a full charge will go how many miles?
Best guess?👍👍👍
~115 miles based on the stats shared by Eric in this video.

Math: Average of uphill + downhill Wh/mi = (774 + 1363)/2 = 1068.5 Wh/Mi. CT's 122.5 KW / 1.0685 = 114.6 Miles.

Given that CT's towing range is dependent on so many variables (aerodynamics, temperature, payload, terrain, etc.), the actual range will depend a lot on your rig and where you drive. These are just approximate ballparks.

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Super helpful - THANK YOU! I'm very interested, as I will be towing a 5k lb boat very soon.

Question - what was the elevation change on the way up? I'll be going 6k miles up over about 80 miles...wondering how much that kind of elevation will eat into range.

Thanks again1
I will be doing a tow video with my buddies 5,000 lb travel trailer in the next week or two. Keep an eye out for that.

My elevation change was approximately 2,000’

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
~115 miles based on the stats shared by Eric in this video.

Math: Average of uphill + downhill Wh/mi = (774 + 1363)/2 = 1068.5 Wh/Mi. CT's 122.5 KW / 1.0685 = 114.6 Miles.

Given that CT's towing range is dependent on so many variables (aerodynamics, temperature, payload, terrain, etc.), the actual range will depend a lot on your rig and where you drive. These are just approximate ballparks.
Well said!

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
there are a few videos for Airstream vs other rv boxey shapes. It seems that smooth bottom and rounded corners on front and back make a huge difference. So, the numbers I have are these.

KW per mile below Assuming 100KW of usable battery real world you don't charge to 100% or run it to zero either.

Rated by Sticker from Tesla Spec .362 = 100 KW Max range is 276 Miles
Empty .350 - .450 = 100 KW worst range max of 222 Miles
W/ Bowlus (Look it up) .500 - .600 = 100 KW worst max range 166 Miles
W/ Airstream .700 = 100 KW worst max range 142 Miles
W/ RV Box (especially a flat rear end) .800-.900 = 100 KW worst max range 111 Miles

The other thing is that on level ground, weight makes little difference and past 60 all the numbers plummet. AERO Really matters.

I towed an empty all aluminum car hauler with a wedge front from GA to VA in my X last year. On I95, 800 watts per mile was the best I could do but I was going 60 mph. It was empty and only weighed 1,900 pounds and is 16 feet long.

We are looking to take a cross country trip with the CT and a new RV. Really stuck between the Bowlus .... at least 50k MORE than a comparable Airstream. The Airstream actually weighs twice as much and Bowlus confirms distance is only dropped by 25%. Airstream does not want to talk about it and the Boxy RV places think EV's are a joke. Even though ICE truck drop about the same % in efficiency as EV, range is not discussed because they have a huge advantage due to tank size.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck towing 7,000 lb travel trailer 1707490104398

This YouTube shows that a good ARO shape makes a huge difference. See the ICE trucks drop a lot too except the GM that was a huge engine as shown by the fuel mileage.
Sponsored