Took Delivery Today. Excellent Truck! But Poor Delivery Experience.

Madaven818

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: CRV future: cyber truck
Occupation
UPS
Country flag
Hey Guys. I finally too my devlivery of cybertruck today (Sunnyvale, CA). Timeline sharing here:

Order: A few hour after announce
RN: 11282xxx
Invitation: 1/9
Order: 1/14
VIN: 2/28
Delivery: 3/16

It is amazing product. While they took me to mine CT, it looks perfect. Much better than I thought. There is no alignment issue or any other issue or defect (Maybe there is still some place I do not notice yet). But overall it looks grest. I do notice there is some scratch line stuff on the tail gate and front. But they are all removable after I did some cleaning after got home, it turns out seems to be water stains. I used the glass cleaner and it works amazing, it just remove everything. I posted a photo down below for reference.

For driving experience, it feels so great. I do own quiet varity type of cars before. I had an Audi S4, then hummer H3, Audi TT and the BMW M2 I traded in for CT. From sport sedan, coupe, convertible to full size SUV. None of them feels like driving CT. CT make me feels like it is so easy to drive, and makes me feel like everything under control. The steering and acceleration like a sport car. But the view and height still remind you are driving a truck. This experience is so unique and so great.

For interior, it has so much space. Maybe I sat in my BMW for too long, I used to rest my left arm on door while driving, but cannot do that in CT due to the door is so far away LOL. The sound system is the best among all of the car I owned before. The first thing for my wife while she drives it is link her spotify account LOL.

At last I want to use Jack Rix's word from top gear review on CT: If you love it, you are going to love it even more when you meet it.

BTW, the delivery experience is bad. No big followers on the truck, no name tag, no unveil, nothing. Only a guy walked me to the CT and let me inspect it. After around 20 mins he came out to say you can accept in the App if no issue found and drive it away. Another guy came and imply us to drive it away to clear the drive way since another one is waiting to deliver. Be like: SHUT UP AND TAKE THE DELIVERY

12.PNG

123.PNG
Congratulations man, Iā€™m happy for you!
I just took delivery of my Model Y a month ago because I reserved the cyber truck so late Iā€™ll probably not see it..

my delivery experience was frustrating and rushed too. From what I understand it is location specific. Some are better than others Marina Del Ray was mine and even a staff member at another location revealed to me discreetly that they are known to suck.
At any rate have fun with your new toy
Sponsored

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
OP, please tell us you were joking about delivery. I would love to think that Cybertruck owners would be humble, kind, principled individuals who are not pompous assholes.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think the Q1 delivery push had a lot to do with your ā€œnormalā€ delivery experience. Tesla only has 14 days left to deliver as many vehicles as possible.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I think the Q1 delivery push had a lot to do with your ā€œnormalā€ delivery experience. Tesla only has 14 days left to deliver as many vehicles as possible.
I agree, I think they are trying to push as many out the door before the end of the quarter, stock needs a good shot in the arm and some good news about the CT would help. There will likely be a lul in deliveries after the 31st as they catch up after the big push.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
Was the battery truly at 0 or just low? Dropping it to below zero and not charging right away is not idea for them.
Most people have said Tesla would not allow them to take delivery before it was cleaned and detailed, did you take any pictures of yours before cleaning, was it really bad or are you just OCD like me?
Battery was around 50% and honestly is a non issue, was just another ding on the delivery experience. Even more so tho then usual, to me at least, since they missed the appointment by an hour and half.

The grease on the windshield obstructed visibility to the point where I didnā€™t feel it was safe to drive, I did it anyways since Iā€™m like two blocks away from where I picked up butā€¦. (Btw dawn is amazing at getting rid of that grease if any one else has it)

As for the exterior, I had to do three complete surface polishing passes to get it passable. You can still see many of the spots but instead of looking like bubonic plague, they look like water stains. Since Iā€™m getting it wrapped tomorrow Iā€™ll just leave it.

The exposed frunk seal on the right is awful and after spending so much time polishing Iā€™ve realized itā€™s because the right front panel wasnā€™t mounted square. As the gap between it and the door is wider at the top then the bottom. The functional issue here is increased road noise. The one on the left isnā€™t perfect but I wonā€™t throw a fit if they say itā€™s in spec. Tho if they say the right seal is in spec, I will raise hell.

The other thing I noticed more recently is my lithium ion battery is reporting over current (like 3a instead of 1a) and either vcleft or the harness is likely faulty. Ugh

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
p.s. if you are wondering how I cleaned it the short answer is I put one tablespoon of dawn + demineralized water into a spray bottle, then I grabbed a cooking spatula and wrapped a micro fiber cloth around the flipping end. Then after shaking the mixture, I would squirt the cloth.

I donā€™t really suggest this be the way to actually do it but I had some constraints, mainly 2. 1) I had to clean it as quickly as possible since this is my main transport. And 2) I had to have the components required already in my house, mainly due to being unable to see out of the windshield

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
If Tesla wants to drop it off in my driveway, give me enough time to go through my punch list and then drive away, I would be fine with it :ROFLMAO:

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Think you forgot to check the ā€œfancy deliveryā€ box when you signed for the truckā€¦ ah well you have it! Congrats

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
boo hiss, I wanted a fog machine, laser show, NFL Theme song and some easter bunny ears! :)

I just want the truck in good pickup condition and working, no ass kissing / fan fare needed!

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Trust me, you will get enough attention when you drive it around. That is honestly one of the main reasons I'm OK with the delay: let others absorb all of the attention before I get mine so I can drive around in (relative) peace when I take delivery. I was a bit surprised how much attention my S garnered back in the day (it was about 75k off of the line and there were already a few around town, at that point).
Sponsored