Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model S
Occupation
retired
Country flag
House fans can be amazingly inefficient. Mine uses 5a at 110v. I really need to make it more efficient.

-Crissa
Household voltage in the U.S. is 120 volts since 1946.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yeah, well, guess what year my house was built.

-Crissa
Lol. So you are saying your distribution transformer run by the network is pre-1946??

You know that your house wires don't magically reduce the voltage?

Unless you of course have your wires crossed. Then all bets are off. :p

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Lol. So you are saying your distribution transformer run by the network is pre-1946??

You know that your house wires don't magically reduce the voltage?

Unless you of course have your wires crossed. Then all bets are off. :p
Well, I know the voltage at my house is usually 117v.

I know it comes from the pole outside.

You, I'm not so sure, knows anything about electricity, since you need to prove it so often.

Why did I even read your post? It's not like houses were re-wired when the standards changed. It was within tolerance, so it didn't matter. There isn't, and has not been, a difference between 110 and 120 equipment. I'm so sorry I learned on surplus electronics from this ancient era.

Heck, the town I lived in during High school still had a mechanical relay. We had to use the little hidden switch so the phone used clicks instead of tones for the longest time.

I don't know why it's such a big deal to you that 'whoops, I called it 110 like my teachers did!'

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well, I know the voltage at my house is usually 117v.

I know it comes from the pole outside.

You, I'm not so sure, knows anything about electricity, since you need to prove it so often.

Why did I even read your post? It's not like houses were re-wired when the standards changed. It was within tolerance, so it didn't matter. There isn't, and has not been, a difference between 110 and 120 equipment. I'm so sorry I learned on surplus electronics from this ancient era.

Heck, the town I lived in during High school still had a mechanical relay. We had to use the little hidden switch so the phone used clicks instead of tones for the longest time.

I don't know why it's such a big deal to you that 'whoops, I called it 110 like my teachers did!'

-Crissa
Why not say you meant 120V then instead of doubling down?

Easy fix. But no worries if you have 117V, sounds like your wiring is all up the spec and you know what it is.
Sponsored