sharpgator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, M3
Country flag
You can lemon it next week. Get your money back plus any taxes and registration paid.
Somebody educate me on lemon laws. If you take delivery in a different state, which state's laws apply? The one in which you took delivery or the one in which you live.

I guess all of us have somewhat of an out clause in Tesla's no resale policy. Even if you don't hit lemon law criteria, you can always sell it back minus 25 cents/mile.

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Somebody educate me on lemon laws. If you take delivery in a different state, which state's laws apply? The one in which you took delivery or the one in which you live.

I guess all of us have somewhat of an out clause in Tesla's no resale policy. Even if you don't hit lemon law criteria, you can always sell it back minus 25 cents/mile.

Lemon law is a state law so it could be slightly different. I assume it's the sate where you purchased the car. You want to lemon it instead of a buy back. Lemon includes taxes and fees you paid and it's a 100% refund. Tesla arbitration is pretty fair so go through them.

Below is an example of Lemon buy back. There were plenty back in 2016/2017 since the old Model X had falcon doors issues and many were lemoned.

He lemomed his pre-priced dropped Model X and bought a price dropped Model X plaid.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I picked up my truck on 2/27 around 8pm.
The truck already had 15 miles on it when I picked it up. It was also filthy and the charging port cover was all scratched up. The white leather also had dirty finger prints on most panels. The sales rep said this is normal for stainless steel, and that “the vehicle is going to get scratches.” (Ultimately they did agree to replace the cover, still not what you’d expect on a 100k brand new vehicle) He then grabbed a spray bottle and towel and attempted to clean the truck and made it 100X worse. I had to stop him from going any further. Also, he mentioned how the truck gets so much attention and that he parked one at Home Depot and came back to a crowd of people. I asked him if he owns one, he said no but I have a bunch of friends that do…. 🤔 I think they were joyriding my truck before letting me know it’s ready for pickup, because I picked up my truck the day after I got the vin I believe. So you know it had to be in their possession for some time. Anyways, now to the real problem. 2 days later, the trucks sits at 72 miles on the odometer and 40% battery. I get in the truck, put my foot on the brake, and everything immediately shuts off. The door will not open. used the manual release to get out. The truck is then towed to Tesla on 3/1. It is now 3/18 and they still cannot figure out what the issue is. It sounds like all they have done so far is replaced the PCS (power conversion system) and that was not the fix. They cannot get the car to power on without it being plugged in. All they can tell me is they hope to have a better update for me tomorrow. Highly disappointing 😡

IMG_4518.png

IMG_4519.jpeg
This is pretty disappointing to hear. Just wanna give you some peace of mind that they do not assign the VIN at the center. Something very unusual there.

In fact, in the event a customer declines delivery or what not… The VIN rolls all the way back up to senior staff at Fremont reassign.

I only say “declines delivery” because that’s the most likely scenario for your wild timeline. Once again, the staff in Florida has no jurisdiction to reassign/assign a VIN.
Typically, the VIN is assigned once it is factory ungated at giga Texas.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
This is pretty disappointing to hear. Just wanna give you some peace of mind that they do not assign the VIN at the center. Something very unusual there.

In fact, in the event a customer declines delivery or what not… The VIN rolls all the way back up to senior staff at Fremont reassign.

I only say “declines delivery” because that’s the most likely scenario for your wild timeline. Once again, the staff in Florida has no jurisdiction to reassign/assign a VIN.
Typically, the VIN is assigned once it is factory ungated at giga Texas.
So why aren't refused Tesla's fixed before trying to pass it off to the next person?

I have seen this in other model's. Almost like there service center doesn't do anything to the reasons it was refused.

Almost like the SC says ahh someones else will want it.

Sure Fremont my reassign, but if the SC keeps it crappy why does it matter who assigned.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
So why aren't refused Tesla's fixed before trying to pass it off to the next person?

I have seen this in other model's. Almost like there service center doesn't do anything to the reasons it was refused.

Almost like the SC says ahh someones else will want it.

Sure Fremont my reassign, but if the SC keeps it crappy why does it matter who assigned.
It’s not necessarily that it’s refused by the customers as much as they can’t get a hold of the customer, or the customers financing falls through. It’s not like they always show up and say no way look at that giant scratched… And Tesla hot potatoes the issue.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
The truck already had 15 miles on it when I picked it up
that's normal
It was also filthy
unfortunately, sometimes normal for Tesla
I think they were joyriding my truck before letting me know it’s ready for pickup
Unless you have proof, this is very very unlikely. I dont want to say impossible, but next to impossible
Yup, guaranteed employees took it for a joy ride
did you forget /s?

but to the main issue, sympathy for the OP going through this and hope Tesla fixes it quick and for good. Good luck and please post updates

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It was only a matter of time till we started hearing NO qualified technicians.
And joy ridding when it's in the delivery office.
It's a shame that service and delivery have gotten so bad.

Tony Roe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is a very "Blow your Mind" Read !!!!! Extreamly Disapointing!!!! You pay $100K for a vehicle and its in the Shop in less than a week, WOW !!!!!! I would Lemon Law this baby and get a NEW CT. Lemon Laws are governed by the state of register. I did a LL on a 2002 Chev Blazer in NY. I had to get a lawyer and by the time he took his piece of the cash out. You know the deal. And it took FOREVER to get my money back. Push for a NEW CT and call it a day. I can only HOPE they workout ALL the bugs out before I get my CT in Two Years.

T

OP
OP

Cybercor

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
This is a very "Blow your Mind" Read !!!!! Extreamly Disapointing!!!! You pay $100K for a vehicle and its in the Shop in less than a week, WOW !!!!!! I would Lemon Law this baby and get a NEW CT. Lemon Laws are governed by the state of register. I did a LL on a 2002 Chev Blazer in NY. I had to get a lawyer and by the time he took his piece of the cash out. You know the deal. And it took FOREVER to get my money back. Push for a NEW CT and call it a day. I can only HOPE they workout ALL the bugs out before I get my CT in Two Years.

T
I don't think they'll offer a new truck, I think at best they'd give me my money back, don't you?

OP
OP

Cybercor

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The latest update is that they are going to replace a harness. Who knows how long that is going to take to get the part, and it doesn't sound like they're too confident that that's even the fix.

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
Sorry to hear bro. I would have cried. lol

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
The latest update is that they are going to replace a harness. Who knows how long that is going to take to get the part, and it doesn't sound like they're too confident that that's even the fix.
Not sure if your truck Is on the software that rolled out this week but it fixed an issue on my truck that could have been harness related. If they can do that easily might be something to try as well.

The two issues it apparently fixed for me was vcleft efuse state mismatch and over current from the mv lithium ion

Checking the fw update job it looks like 44 subsystems were touched
Sponsored