Trucks been in service for 3 weeks

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The latest update is that they are going to replace a harness. Who knows how long that is going to take to get the part, and it doesn't sound like they're too confident that that's even the fix.
That is the problem folks are having when you have these low voltage systems throw errors.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cybercor

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Not sure if your truck Is on the software that rolled out this week but it fixed an issue on my truck that could have been harness related. If they can do that easily might be something to try as well.

The two issues it apparently fixed for me was vcleft efuse state mismatch and over current from the mv lithium ion

Checking the fw update job it looks like 44 subsystems were touched
Yes it's on the latest software.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
Yes it's on the latest software.
Iā€™m sorry your truck is probably in a production incident review flow right now. At least I hope the thought of your current misfortune is contributing to a better truck design finds some comfort.

Even if it does tho cause despite what people say, any serious company these days is doing sentiment analysis of social on product launch, keep being vocal.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Seems like Tesla should say something about the harness issue. Maybe we are just getting more info here and they arenā€™t as many bad ones? Itā€™s a little scary that it can just suddenly crap out.

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I picked up my truck on 2/27 around 8pm.
The truck already had 15 miles on it when I picked it up. It was also filthy and the charging port cover was all scratched up. The white leather also had dirty finger prints on most panels. The sales rep said this is normal for stainless steel, and that ā€œthe vehicle is going to get scratches.ā€ (Ultimately they did agree to replace the cover, still not what youā€™d expect on a 100k brand new vehicle) He then grabbed a spray bottle and towel and attempted to clean the truck and made it 100X worse. I had to stop him from going any further. Also, he mentioned how the truck gets so much attention and that he parked one at Home Depot and came back to a crowd of people. I asked him if he owns one, he said no but I have a bunch of friends that doā€¦. šŸ¤” I think they were joyriding my truck before letting me know itā€™s ready for pickup, because I picked up my truck the day after I got the vin I believe. So you know it had to be in their possession for some time. Anyways, now to the real problem. 2 days later, the trucks sits at 72 miles on the odometer and 40% battery. I get in the truck, put my foot on the brake, and everything immediately shuts off. The door will not open. used the manual release to get out. The truck is then towed to Tesla on 3/1. It is now 3/18 and they still cannot figure out what the issue is. It sounds like all they have done so far is replaced the PCS (power conversion system) and that was not the fix. They cannot get the car to power on without it being plugged in. All they can tell me is they hope to have a better update for me tomorrow. Highly disappointing šŸ˜”

IMG_4518.png

IMG_4519.jpeg
Tesla needs to crack down on their sales staff. You are not the first one to suspect the vehicle was joy-ridden before they picked it up. Another guy said the wheel wells were full of mud and the side was scratched. The sales guys obviously took it off road and scratched it. The only thing more expensive that I have ever bought is my house. The CT will be #2 most expensive thing. I don't think it is too much to ask that the sales staff don't thrash it before I pick it up.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Tesla needs to crack down on their sales staff. You are not the first one to suspect the vehicle was joy-ridden before they picked it up. Another guy said the wheel wells were full of mud and the side was scratched. The sales guys obviously took it off road and scratched it.
Stop, just stop. You can believe anything you imagine, but wheel wells full of mud does not automatically equal "obviously sales stuff joy riding". Dont get me wrong, It's not OK to deliver unprepped vehicles, but it is also not OK to mount baseless accusations.

I, voluntarily, picked up my truck very dirty too with mud in wheel wells, with clumps of mud in the cabin - but I also actually SAW with my own eyes how my CT was taken down from a transport. There was no way anyone took it for a "joyride". My speculation is that Texas factory is still a mess and whenever it rains there, trucks get f-ed up dirty.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
Stop, just stop. You can believe anything you imagine, but wheel wells full of mud does not automatically equal "obviously sales stuff joy riding". Dont get me wrong, It's not OK to deliver unprepped vehicles, but it is also not OK to mount baseless accusations.

I, voluntarily, picked up my truck very dirty too with mud in wheel wells, with clumps of mud in the cabin - but I also actually SAW with my own eyes how my CT was taken down from a transport. There was no way anyone took it for a "joyride". My speculation is that Texas factory is still a mess and whenever it rains there, trucks get f-ed up dirty.
If Iā€™m going to make assumptions about what happened with my truck in hindsight, itā€™s that Tesla doesnā€™t have the manpower to successfully execute on delivering a finished product as it comes to the delivery center. From first hand experience if you total the time myself and the poor retailers I tossed this tank at; it needed at least another twelve hours just for cleaning and an unknown amount of time to fix the defects from factory.

this falls in line with what I expected from the Tesla homer car (affectionally}. Except I had hoped they would be a bit more aggressive on the getting everyone taken care of bit.

OP
OP

Cybercor

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Update: Tesla won't have the harness until April 10th, so it will be almost 2 months in their possession once the part finally arrives. And it's not even a guarantee that the harness is the fix.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
Update: Tesla won't have the harness until April 10th, so it will be almost 2 months in their possession once the part finally arrives. And it's not even a guarantee that the harness is the fix.
What a drag...yikes. Sorry to hear this, OP!!

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
I hope they gave you a loaner or are going to comp you on the trucks depreciation

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

The guy that posted on here (sorry, I have no idea how to find it now) said mud was slung up all over in the wheel wells. He said the METAL was literally gouged and scraped lengthwise down the side of the vehicle. Yeah, maybe it happened on the truck when loading or unloading or maybe DEALERSHIPS DRIVE CARS ON THEIR LOT AND TREAT THEM LIKE PERSONAL RENTAL CARS. DEALERSHIPS DO THIS AND WE ALL KNOW IT. Ever seen a dealership license plate on a car? A buddy owned a dealership and my brother did sales back in the day. Don't tell me they don't drive the cars they have in inventory. What I am saying is that maybe they shouldn't be driving a 100k+ truck that is sold out for years to come. And when there is a common practice of driving dealership vehicles and then there is evidence of it being driven, maybe that is exactly what happened.
Sponsored