Unbiased Ride Quality Review

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Just thought I'd drop this note to try and frame how great the ride is in the Cybertruck.

I just picked up my wife from the airport. I did the same thing 2 weeks ago as well. Both times she let out a sigh and said how great it was to be in such a smooth and comfortable riding vehicle again. The first weekend, it was after she was in a 2022 GMC Yukon for a 3+ hour trip. This last weekend, it was just an hour or two in a year old Nissan Armada. Both are full-size SUVs. Theoretically they should ride better than their truck counterparts. Also, this is on the firmer "focused" setting since the "relaxed" version is too floaty for me.

FYI, She is NOT a car person, nor a Tesla fanatic. It just rides that well!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I'm going to call BS on this one. The GMC Yukon is literally one of the most comfortable vehicles that exists. It's one thing to say that you prefer the CT ride quality, but to act like driving in a GMC Yukon for 3 hours is an unpleasant experience makes me not believe anything you claim.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I'm going to call BS on this one. The GMC Yukon is literally one of the most comfortable vehicles that exists. It's one thing to say that you prefer the CT ride quality, but to act like driving in a GMC Yukon for 3 hours is an unpleasant experience makes me not believe anything you claim.
Iā€™ve spent that much time (and then some) in both cars. I would much rather be in the CT.

OP
OP
Speedr

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm reporting what my wife told me. She's brutally honest. Also, this was as a passenger in both. Have you ridden in a Cybertruck yet to even question it?

I learned a long time ago that things in isolation seem one way, but are sometimes completely different when compared to others.

future_yas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Many reviewers have also commented on how comfy the Cybertruck is. Aside from the air suspension, it also helps the Cybertruck has big 65 profile tires so lots of rubber for cushion. And then it's also very rigid chassis so that allows the suspension to do its job well.

Armada doesn't surprise me because it's a very dated platform. Regarding your Yukon, I'd be curious about the wheel/tire size.

tingmo13

First Name
tashi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model Y
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
yeah, a friend told me he doesn't like Burger King fries that he never even tried.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The advantage an EV has in ride quality can not be overstated. There's no constant vibration from an engine, no shifting gears shuddering the vehicle.

As much as I love a manual transmission - I have always preferred them - my motorcycle makes it perfectly clear that it can be more accurate and smooth on dead-bottom class suspension.

And the Cybertruck doesn't have dead-bottom cheap suspension.

It's really cool hearing reports like this. People were saying the same about the Lightning. But it rides totally different than the Cybertruck, too.

-Crissa

MarquetteWho

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, 3P, Model Y, R1S, R1T, Cybertruck
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
In less than 2 weeks I made the same 1600 mile trip with my Cybertruck and our 2023 Escalade. The Escalade has air ride and Supercruise. The CT was impressive, but it doesnā€™t eat up miles like the Escalade. The Escalade has less road noise and the seats are still comfortable after 10+ hours. Of course, Supercruise is so much better than adaptive cruise. I canā€™t wait for FSD!

Overall I was very impressed with the CT and wouldnā€™t have any issues road tripping it. That said, itā€™s not a luxury suv. For me the biggest complaint is the seats. Im a bigger guy and the seat pan in the CT is a lil snug. After about 8 hours I could really feel the seat pushing against my outer left thigh. My wife also had an issue with the seats. She is 5ā€™ and the point of the headrest is perfectly centered on the back of her head. Why canā€™t Tesla make an adjustable headrest. Fortunately, at 6ā€™4ā€ the headrest fits me perfectly.

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
My family car is a Yukon XL Denali and I can confirm that the CTā€™s ride is more comfortable. My wife even said so yesterday without any input from me.
Sponsored