Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
In my mind this perspective unfortunately proves that this prototype is much smaller than the one introduced in 2019. The Ford transit van is smaller than the crew cab f150 in both length and width (even in consideration of the warp in perspective)
The Cybertruck is further away from the camera lens, so it will always look smaller than it would otherwise.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Cybertruck is further away from the camera lens, so it will always look smaller than it would otherwise.
Just turn around and hold up a mirror.

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I don't think the new design is much shorter than the original. A few inches at most. But there have been design changes to the exoskeleton that can easily be seen in this side by side comparison. The frunk lid is shortened. The dash panel/steering yoke moved forward. The roof has been lengthened and appears to extend over the vault. This may only be the case when ordering the solar roof version. The video shows that the vault and passenger compartment are open to each other (the seat head rests are visible). The question is: where is the tonneau cover being stowed in this design?
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] Old vs New

Skidmarks68

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Radtech
Country flag
Glad I took the time to look at this. It has breathed new life into my desire for this truck. All the BS over the last two years and a longer delay had me looking at other options, which I still may go a different route due to so many other entries into the mix. At least I like most of the new changes enough to sit on it for now. I still feel after my test drive in the "Y" that EVs are more like high tech golf carts than a true automobile, but I cant rule out an EV in the future

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If that is an S it’s 198” if it’s a 3 it is 185”. The original cybertruck was 232”

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] B208409C-F81F-4295-A947-1C58D36A2F21

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Wiper blade seems fugly, but I have bigger fish to fry with the truck bed length.

We were promised a 6.5ft bed length [closed] in the presentation slides. Don't screw this up Tesla.

Next, I better get 35 inch TRUCK tires as shown, not some lame LRR tires to get a higher range estimate.

Reactions: CHC

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
That’s perfect: Big Ass hideous industrial squeegee. You guys are great!!!
I was hoping they'd come up with some kind of Dyson Airblade style wiper system personally. Little vents popup and insane blast of very sharp and directed air blows the hell out of any water collecting on the windshield. That would be amazing.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I was hoping they'd come up with some kind of Dyson Airblade style wiper system personally. Little vents popup and insane blast of very sharp and directed air blows the hell out of any water collecting on the windshield. That would be amazing.
Might work for rain but coming out in the morning to get in the truck after a snowfall might be a problem. Gotta sweep off all the snow, melt the ice, etc. Though, if the truck was pre-warmed, maybe it would work out.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Overall I am pleased that Tesla stayed true to the concept truck. I fully understand the federal vehicle laws and aerodynamics need to factor into the finished design.

I can't wait for the official production version reveal. Bring on the Cybertruck!

Geesh

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Dodge 3500 single cab 4x4 diesel, 1993 Ford Sportsmobile, 2002 MB C230K, 1989 Yamaha FJ 1200, 1972 Corvette (project)
Occupation
Aerospace (Mechanical) Engineer
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cybertruck image3
So the aesthetics - body proportions - seem almost uncomfortable to my eyes. The rear 'axle' seem pulled too far back, and the angled flat line from the peak of the top of the cab is just too long to my eyes. then I did this (I just can't unsee this now):
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cybertruck image1

It looks like the ass end of the truck is shorter, yet the fender to the rear door is longer.

...must be an illusion

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
The video shows that the vault and passenger compartment are open to each other (the seat head rests are visible). The question is: where is the tonneau cover being stowed in this design?
I guess the tonneau is retracted into the back rest of the rear seat.
It may be shorter now and go inside the rear seat because the room under rear seat is an extension of the bed
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639189012085

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.
  • Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
  • Added: Charge port door flap looks like it's moved into the fender flare

1639157496497.jpeg

cybertruck-wipers.jpg

cybertruck-top.jpg

cybertruck-mirrors.jpg

cybertruck-front.jpg

screen-shot-2021-12-10-at-10-02-02-am-png.png

1639157514962.png

FGQwzubXsAYdL6r.png

1639158906288.jpeg

BenH

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
I like the look of flat windshield more than curved windshield. Any advantage of curved windshield?
Sponsored