Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
You can really see now how that back frame wrapping the top of the truck bed is really square. Like a picture frame for the vault cover. I hope that doesn’t create a more fragile edge that can get damaged when loading stuff in there. The vault also looks black but that could just be lighting. I might actually prefer a steel bed with LineX. My 2005 truck has a LineX bed and it is still almost perfect and it has seen some abuse. That stainless bed is going to get scratched up like crazy so people are likely to cover it anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You can really see now how that back frame wrapping the top of the truck bed is really square. Like a picture frame for the vault cover. I hope that doesn’t create a more fragile edge that can get damaged when loading stuff in there. The vault also looks black but that could just be lighting. I might actually prefer a steel bed with LineX. My 2005 truck has a LineX bed and it is still almost perfect and it has seen some abuse. That stainless bed is going to get scratched up like crazy so people are likely to cover it anyway.
I’d heard Tesla was negotiating to get some kind of composite bed similar to what is in the Ridgeline. This seems to corroborate that idea (as much as any pre-production spy photos corroborate anything).

I’m fine with that and personally would prefer not to have a slippery metal bed. I know some folks disagree though and it is bad news for the folks where were looking for hard mounts in the bed floor.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
As others have said, I do *not* like that BAW (big ass wiper) and it us FUGLY.

I like the idea of a 6.5' bed as I was thinking I'd be able to sleep in the vault for short, overnight trips to the coast or mountains for some fishing. I have a 5.5' bed now and that won't work for me, and is, in my opinion, too short to haul my kayak, which I do anyway as it hangs off the back of the lowered tailgate. The shortest length bed I would *want* is 6' but as long as it's *at least* the 5' 7" I currently have, I'm still okay with it. I've considered switching to the Rivian R1T but that 4.5' bed is ultimately the dealbreaker for me.

For those that are, or would be, bothered by the lack of a passthrough for your dog, what do you do now? Are you driving SUVs or do your trucks have a passthrough? I've had a 1999 F-150, a 2006 and 2016 Tacoma, and currently, a 2019 Ram 1500. None of them had/has a passthrough and I would just let my dog into the back seat area.
I would never let my dog go into a truck bed. Dogs should not be roaming around a vehicle, in the event of an accident they would go flying out of the car or they could be the cause of the accident if they’re distracting the driver, which I see happen a lot with small dog owners, they let them sit on their lap while they drive.

People asking for a truck bed pass-through are asking WAY TOO much from the CT….from any truck for that matter. A lot of people want the $39K/$49K pricing but also want the CT to do a ton of things which would only be justified with a much higher priced vehicle.

I agree with you, those people just need to get a Model X/Y and call it a day.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I'm surprised by the fact it has 6 bolt wheels vs the 7 bolt of the 1st prototype. Maybe they've dialed down the gross vehicle weight too?
Personally I don’t like the wheels in these latest leaks. I know the first prototype wheels are not practical but I really like that design.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People asking for a truck bed pass-through are asking WAY TOO much from the CT….from any truck for that matter. A lot of people want the $39K/$49K pricing but also want the CT to do a ton of things which would only be justified with a much higher priced vehicle.
Everyone thinks the Cybertruck should be their own personal glitch in the matrix.

Nothing wrong with that. I have my own wants.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Personally I don’t like the wheels in these latest leaks. I know the first prototype wheels are not practical but I really like that design.

As long as the CT can fit 35"+ is all that really matters. I haven't kept OEM wheels/tires on my cars or trucks in decades. There are just too many good choices on the market to go with manufacturer wheels. ESPECIALLY in the truck market. You'll end up spending the same amount for better wheels, as in lighter and stronger. A good set of wheels and 35" KM3 tires will cost around $600-$700 each so a set with a full spare will be $3500. That's for GOOD wheels and essentially the best (in my opinion) M/T tire on the market.

I'm willing to bet the CT wheel/tire upgrade option will be the same as the other models at $4500.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I’d heard Tesla was negotiating to get some kind of composite bed similar to what is in the Ridgeline. This seems to corroborate that idea (as much as any pre-production spy photos corroborate anything).

I’m fine with that and personally would prefer not to have a slippery metal bed. I know some folks disagree though and it is bad news for the folks where were looking for hard mounts in the bed floor.
A rubber bed mat is inexpensive and works great in my current truck bed. (If you do not like slippery bed surfaces regardless of material)

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A rubber bed mat is inexpensive and works great in my current truck bed. (If you do not like slippery bed surfaces regardless of material)
Seems to me the vast majority of trucks end up with some kind of bed liner regardless. Why not just start with the composite material and not waste time with the metal surface?

It’s no big deal either way.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am asking for pass through, 4 wheel steering and solar as standard keeping the pricing structure at reveal day. And a free pen. Plus charging credits for waiting on production and 10 stock shares.

Last edited:

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm pretty sure a bike won't have trouble with that overhang. It's above the passenger cabin. Think about it, if it'a a one foot over hang, how low could it be without hitting your fender? Pretty low, honestly. Even with a 28" tire, that 1' overhang only hits the fender if the wall 28" high.

-Crissa
To give you an example. This is my 2019 Beta 430 RR-S. It has a 21" tire. This is a typical dual sport or dirt bike. The fender is not directly on the tire as you can tell. Based on the design we see with the CyberTruck, it looks to have a fit issue. For reference this is a 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 53C1C6F1-7023-4605-8CE7-FFDE97BD41A2_1_105_c

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
To give you an example. This is my 2019 Beta 430 RR-S. It has a 21" tire. This is a typical dual sport or dirt bike. The fender is not directly on the tire as you can tell. Based on the design we see with the CyberTruck, it looks to have a fit issue. For reference this is a 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport.

53C1C6F1-7023-4605-8CE7-FFDE97BD41A2_1_105_c.jpeg
The roof of the Cybertruck is likely lower than the Tacoma roof because it slopes down and the rear passengers sit lower relative to the bed than in the Tacoma.

This is a very specific issue to worry overmuch about on a truck which is months from delivery.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That photo doesn't show the fit issue. Like I said, your fender is probably already a foot back at that height.

And yes, I know offroad bikes use flying fenders so they don't cake with mud.

-Crissa
Sponsored