Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m wondering if the Cybertruck Owners Club will update the reservation database to allow folks to report their delivery days. That way we could all get updated delivery estimates based on the production/delivery data.

Hopefully we will see 1st deliveries within 6 months from now!
Sponsored

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
TBH I have little faith in the current timelines for CT deliveries. Elon promised updated CT specs and pics in Q2, its now almost Q4 and crickets. From what i have seen of leaked giga texas interior pics the model y lines are being built but nothing for CT yet, which tells me they are not ready to invest in the equipment for the production (probably because they have not figured out how to mass build it yet, or the prototypes keep being tweaked or the 4680 production is way behind schedule).

I would be shocked if we see any roll off the line before Q2 2022. Just like all other tesla models, delays delays delays.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
It was reported though that they had a ton of equipment on order. IDRA had also indicated that they had a customer for a 8k ton casting press. That being said it’s only August and we have witnessed how fast Tesla can get things done.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
TBH I have little faith in the current timelines for CT deliveries. Elon promised updated CT specs and pics in Q2, its now almost Q4 and crickets.
Q2 is the reporting point that was last month. We're only a month into the third quarter, the update was to be at the end of quarter two. Rivian didn't deliver in the second quarter, the Plaid was delayed, so they had no reason to show off.

There is only so much media for them to occupy. Tesla has had headlines every couple weeks. That's all they need.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
TBH I have little faith in the current timelines for CT deliveries. Elon promised updated CT specs and pics in Q2, its now almost Q4 and crickets.
Q2 is the reporting point that was last month. We're only a month into the third quarter, the update was to be at the end of quarter two. Rivian didn't deliver in the second quarter, the Plaid was delayed, so they had no reason to show off.
All I recall is that Musk said we'd have "An Update" on the Cybertruck in Q2. What does that mean?

We've gotten some additional details about it, confirmation the truck will be much as previewed. I'm not sold on this idea that there were going to be updates specs and pics.

There is only so much media for them to occupy. Tesla has had headlines every couple weeks. That's all they need.
Cynicism for the win.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It was reported though that they had a ton of equipment on order. IDRA had also indicated that they had a customer for a 8k ton casting press. That being said it’s only August and we have witnessed how fast Tesla can get things done.
Some people pay attention…

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
TBH I have little faith in the current timelines for CT deliveries. Elon promised updated CT specs and pics in Q2, its now almost Q4 and crickets. From what i have seen of leaked giga texas interior pics the model y lines are being built but nothing for CT yet, which tells me they are not ready to invest in the equipment for the production (probably because they have not figured out how to mass build it yet, or the prototypes keep being tweaked or the 4680 production is way behind schedule).

I would be shocked if we see any roll off the line before Q2 2022. Just like all other tesla models, delays delays delays.
the equipment ie gigapress and steel factory are being built.... hard to build the CT before that's done!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cynicism for the win.
What's Cynical about pacing? If the media is going to let Tesla live rent free in their pages, why not? ^-^

the equipment ie gigapress and steel factory are being built.... hard to build the CT before that's done!
That's for mass production. When they're making millions. They already produce the steel at another plant.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What's Cynical about pacing? If the media is going to let Tesla live rent free in their pages, why not? ^-^
It's a bit cynical suggesting Tesla is providing updates to milk the media rather than for the benefit of their customers.

I think Musk wants to do something when he has a bit more to show off and can nail down the production date a bit more solidly. Having a Cybertruck event just begs the question "When is it going into production?" and I don't think they have a great answer to that yet.

Once the beta trucks are together and 4680 production issues are ironed out we might get another event. I doubt any sooner than that. No point. There might not even be another proper event, until the launch party, just a few tweets with some photos and specs.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I don't think he has anything more than drips and drabs to give, so doling it out slowly is the best way to extend it.

It's like not binging, or hanging out with friends: You don't want to burn them out.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

That's for mass production. When they're making millions. They already produce the steel at another plant.

-Crissa
yes but mass production is what we're waiting for !

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
I don’t see mass production til 2023
Sponsored