meddle

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco
Country flag
My first post and wanted to say hi and let you know I upgraded my order from a dual motor to a tri-motor!
Does this have any other impact on your reservation? I have been thinking about it more and more and I believe the tri-motor will be a TON of fun!
Sponsored

Lascavarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Does this have any other impact on your reservation? I have been thinking about it more and more and I believe the tri-motor will be a TON of fun!
I have a dual motor res. I am hoping for an option for 4 wheel steering. I have a Kubota with mechanical 4 WS and it rocks. The CT is big and it would help maneuvering. Only other interesting option would be additional armor and biodefense for the cabin. Lots of fun.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No, they let you change the options to the current prices always. It doesn't change your place in line... well, if you choose something that's available sooner or later, it would, but not otherwise.

-Crissa

OP
OP

alita99

First Name
Alita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Rubicon 2018, pre-ordered Cybertruck
Country flag
i heard you keep you place in line for the reservation.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
i heard you keep you place in line for the reservation.
I would assume this as well, unless your reservation number changes when you change an option, you should be placed in line for that option with your current number. It would be extemely unfortunate if someone ordered a single motor since they were going to be produced first, then switched to a tri motor when Tesla changed their production plans to start with the tri motor, leaving people that are switching at the back of the line.

DeaThomas

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck, Toyota, Lexus, Suburu
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I reserved the dual motor. I currently drive a Ram 1500, and get 493 miles of range on a full tank. (I hate buying gas). I am fighting the urge to upgrade to the tri motor because of the range. I will drive 100 miles a day round trip. I am also not a speed demon. I need someone to talk me out of spending the extra 20k.
Just say no

dwang

First Name
dw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3 long range
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
I upgraded mine yesterday to dual motor. I have a class C RV now, when I get the CT, I'll sell my motorhome and buy a travel trailer. What kind of travel trailers people here plan to tow with their CT?
My Cybertruck trailer will be either a Silvestream Flying Cloud 25FB or a lance 2375

dwang

First Name
dw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3 long range
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
My first post and wanted to say hi and let you know I upgraded my order from a dual motor to a tri-motor!
How can you upgrade your CT without change your position on the waiting list?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How can you upgrade your CT without change your position on the waiting list?
Using the 'edit order' feature in your Tesla account settings.

Your order number will not change.

When Tesla starts delivering, they will prompt you to upgrade then, too, to the model they're shipping.

-Crissa

dwang

First Name
dw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3 long range
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
Just upgraded mine from dual to Tri-motor.

RichardWFrey

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4, Chevy Tahoe
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey, new to this forum. I was wondering if there were any numbers on how many reservations have been made for each Cybertruck model?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Hey, new to this forum. I was wondering if there were any numbers on how many reservations have been made for each Cybertruck model?
There isn't currently a way to know for sure.

There is a webite that a lot of people have put in their reservation number in, what type of Tesla they are getting, and what option and the website gives you an estimation of what place in line you are. I don't have the link but i'm sure it's on this forum somewhere.

But it's only an estimation because the reservation numbers are for all Teslas, not just Cybertruck. However according to musk, 41% of orders were Tri, 42% were Dual, and 17% were single. That's when they decided to produce the tri-motor first, so it's possible a lot of people changed to the tri-motor to get their truck sooner.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I ordered a dual motor from the start as time was passing I started to think about the places I travel and locations of chargers. I live in the Montana and the closes supercharger is about 120 miles away. I am not concerned for the times I need to travel to a city to buy things I can't in my small town., round trips would be around 180 miles, now I realize that the superchargers are being strategically being installed in more places. On certain occasions I drive up 350 miles round trips. My wife and I both drive trucks and both trucks can go 500 miles on the tank, we never have to think about tanking during the trips. So my last trip to Idaho I started to think about the dual motor range, I would have to drive about 35 miles out of my way to charge the truck which is about 70 miles lost of range plus having to drive in a big city which would cost time also. The tri motor sounds better except of the cost.....I wish I could replace my diesel dually truck but CyberTruck can not at this time. I am hoping battery day has some serious revelations. I could use 400 miles plus I think I can afford it more easily. I don't care about speed just distance and all wheel drive for winter snow conditions.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I ordered a dual motor from the start as time was passing I started to think about the places I travel and locations of chargers. I live in the Montana and the closes supercharger is about 120 miles away. I am not concerned for the times I need to travel to a city to buy things I can't in my small town., round trips would be around 180 miles, now I realize that the superchargers are being strategically being installed in more places. On certain occasions I drive up 350 miles round trips. My wife and I both drive trucks and both trucks can go 500 miles on the tank, we never have to think about tanking during the trips. So my last trip to Idaho I started to think about the dual motor range, I would have to drive about 35 miles out of my way to charge the truck which is about 70 miles lost of range plus having to drive in a big city which would cost time also. The tri motor sounds better except of the cost.....I wish I could replace my diesel dually truck but CyberTruck can not at this time. I am hoping battery day has some serious revelations. I could use 400 miles plus I think I can afford it more easily. I don't care about speed just distance and all wheel drive for winter snow conditions.
Try looking at other brand chargers as well. Tesla is doing their best to make as big of a network as possible, but it's unlikely that even in the next 5 years that it will be optimal for everyone.

I know of chargepoint, plug share, petro canada, and Tesla. That's just the ones that I know of in Canada, I'm sure there are many more when you are looking in the US. So if you are doing a 180 mile round trip to a city, or a 350 mile round trip to another locations, you might be able to charge your vehicle while you are there since more and more of these chargers are showing up in regular parking lots. While they may not be superchargers, if you are there for a few hours, it should be able to get you back home.

Another thing would be to check the locations on the highway that you might take regularly. One of the brands I mentioned was Petro Canada, which was a gas station but now they've made a charging network coast to coast that is more accessible than Tesla Superchargers and charges between 100kwh to 350kwh (for compatible vehicles).

While They might not be Tesla. It's very possible that the prices offered could be similar, or at least a reasonable price for energy.
Sponsored