HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
That bed is giving me some serious concern. If you place something square and large enough it is taller then the roof then it will actuallt hit the roof before it hits t he back of the bed if it is not lashed to the sides . I believe that some people are going to be in for some expensive repairs .
Always secure heavy loads in a truck bed. Do you know what a load bar is? It looks like Cybertruck is set up for one that is easy to deploy in those tracks on either side of the vault walls.

I feel like people are looking to find faults that probably don't even exist. There are plenty of ways you can damage a legacy truck too, depending upon what your load is and how stupid you are about securing it.

At some point the operator of the truck has to take responsibility for knowing what he/she is doing. It's called being competent.
Sponsored

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
That bed is giving me some serious concern. If you place something square and large enough it is taller then the roof then it will actuallt hit the roof before it hits t he back of the bed if it is not lashed to the sides . I believe that some people are going to be in for some expensive repairs .
Honestly, screw those people. If you cant understand that cargo needs to be secured, then anything that happens is just the world teaching you a lesson. As a motorcycle rider and former aircrew, unsecured cargo makes my eye twitch....... If your stuff isn't secured this well, it needs to be redone....

Tesla Cybertruck Video: Cybertruck tonneau cover opening, bed lighting, and tailgate dropping properly secured

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wonder how dry that area stays? Looks a little bit like it could function as a bait well.
yeah, was looking for weather seals on the lid - doesnt appear to be any. Granted, I'm sure they have thought of that and it'll be on the prod truck.

Also, the elec port door: no latch, seems small to fit much (aka 220v + 110v + compressor)...hope it's more than 2 110v outlets..

CoachTerry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wellness Coach
Country flag
Have they published the Baja route with charging stops yet? There may be a long leg that'll give us a good estimate on range.
Already discussing doing the Baja drive and
Have they published the Baja route with charging stops yet? There may be a long leg that'll give us a good estimate on range.
already considering the Pan American Highway! Are the chargers available?!?

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Always secure heavy loads in a truck bed. Do you know what a load bar is? It looks like Cybertruck is set up for one that is easy to deploy in those tracks on either side of the vault walls.

I feel like people are looking to find faults that probably don't even exist. There are plenty of ways you can damage a legacy truck too, depending upon what your load is and how stupid you are about securing it.
My point is that if I am hauling anything large I am normally going to push it to the back/cab so it is supported from 2 sides by the bed then tie it down. But it looksl like you can't place any load at the back of this truck if it may come in contact with that glass roof since you can not use the roof as any support .

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
lots of room in the bed for my gas generator which means you can go just about anywhere if you carry a gas can and your own generator.

Madaven818

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: CRV future: cyber truck
Occupation
UPS
Country flag
Either he is lying about not knowing anything or they really don't know anything and the rumors floating from these guys can't be trusted.

Although some might know more than others.
I’d bet they don’t know… but are under the constant pressure of questions from excited folks.

Willspence

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pianist
Country flag
It is much louder than I expected.
I took the video… (not sure why I didn’t get credit for it but whatever), it wasn’t really noticeably loud in person somehow the phone seem to amplify it. However certainly did not seem to have that retractable ramp that they showed in the unveiling back in whenever it was 2017?

Willspence

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pianist
Country flag
people driving the RCs around, especially in CA, aren’t even all Tesla employees. Not outside engineers, etc., either.

employees have work to do, and meanwhile Tesla needs to pack as many miles as possible onto them
The guy driving this one said he was an engineer (software) at the Palo Alto location and that they are encouraged to borrow the trucks to drive them around for “real world testing“. I think it’s also a little bit of “free advertising“. It was a beautiful day in the area and I’m sure he enjoyed the drive to the beach.