T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks to your video, I can now see my Cybertruck under construction!! If you look closely, you can see part of the dirt my CT's wheels will be touching soon ?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
So apparently the building with the most construction, "Building 3", is the Model Y building. They haven't really started the CT line yet, which would be Building 1 or 2, with the other being the Semi line.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
So apparently the building with the most construction, "Building 3", is the Model Y building. They haven't really started the CT line yet, which would be Building 1 or 2, with the other being the Semi line.
Yeah it has been pretty well said from Elon that Model Y General assembly will be the first thing they do in Texas. Then comes the CT. But once these guys start going those building's will be up pretty quick. The site work here is pretty extensive, Building erection will be fast in comparison.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Hmmm, a Prevost XL2 motorhome. Not an entertainer coach. So, that would definitely be a VIP that would own or long term lease a Prevost coach in a motorhome configuration. Motorhome chassis typically means 6/4/2 configuration. 6/4/2 entertains 6, feeds 4, sleeps 2. This is for a "person", not a group of people. An entertainer coach sleeps 8-12, and has enough seating for that many. I can tell the difference by the wheelbase and bay door configurations.

It's not super new either, no newer than a 2014. Front lounge slide out. Mat black vinyl wrap or paint. Full length left and right awnings. Sat TV receiver on the back cap.

I find the dish setup mid-ship to be very interesting. That's not TV or Dish Sat TV. It's probably internet. Maybe Starlink? If so, this is definitely a Tesla specific coach.

Very slick setup.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Yeah it has been pretty well said from Elon that Model Y General assembly will be the first thing they do in Texas. Then comes the CT. But once these guys start going those building's will be up pretty quick. The site work here is pretty extensive, Building erection will be fast in comparison.
That is what she said.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Did you catch that there was a second rv over on a pad they built?

-Crissa
I did. That other RV is a "sticks and staples" unit. Nice enough, but a motorhome based on a Prevost motorcoach chassis is a totally different animal. Easily $1m for a used 2014, much more new.

I know if I was working there I'd be living in a bus or Airstream right there on site, too!

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looks like another large foundation area is starting to be dug out in the eastern part of the main site in Friday's end of day footage!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Isn't it interesting that they're working on all these bits of 'need a different height/thickness here'?

It looks to me they're setting the foundations for the casting machines much deeper than they did at the other factories, for instance. So much work has to go in that is usually done to modify a factory under the roof, but we get to see it right in the open.

-Crissa
Sponsored