Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
I'd say up to 2% as these would also be aero optimised. It's not like they are slapping truck mirrors on there, so the difference between with and without might not be that big. The wheel covers might do more.

There are a couple ideas from inflatable front "Aeroobars" that offer wildlife protection and better aero, to revised front skirt with active lowering skirt for freeway use, better air curtain design around the wheels, or a rear wheel well cap, and a pop up roof that can streamline to a trailer box etc.
Good call, I totally spaced on the wheel covers not being present.

Ultimately I think all signs point to what we essentially already know. 120kWh+/- pack and a top-end range at or just north of 300mi. At this point, outside of an official EPA/Tesla leak Iā€™m not sure weā€™ll get anything more precise.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Good call, I totally spaced on the wheel covers not being present.

Ultimately I think all signs point to what we essentially already know. 120kWh+/- pack and a top-end range at or just north of 300mi. At this point, outside of an official EPA/Tesla leak Iā€™m not sure weā€™ll get anything more precise.
300miles is also the specification of the dual motor CT originally offered, so no real surprise, except that we now know roughly what pack size they are using to achieve it and because of that the rate of consumption.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Just noticing the white trim on the UI displayed model. It doesnā€™t match the grey trim of this build. Idk if this just means the UI is still in development or if this is an error in this engineering teamā€™s misleading display.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
At this point, outside of an official EPA/Tesla leak Iā€™m not sure weā€™ll get anything more accurate.
The thing is:

Even when we get Teslaā€™s officials EPA range, we wonā€™t have anything more accurate šŸ¤£

Not only are Teslaā€™s notorious for having aggressive EPA stats, but as @JBee mentioned above the Cybertruck range is going to be even more variable than any other Tesla.

Temperature changes will have an outsized impact, tire PSI changes an outsized impact, etc. This thing is big, and heavy, and physics gonna physics.

Then you add in the ā€œhardā€ variables of what exterior accessories a person adds (eg tires, rack, etc.), not to mention what interior accessories a person adds (weight wise), and the overall considered recommendation is this:

Even when you see the official EPA range on Nov 30, take *it* with a grain of salt, for now - aside from viewing it as a ceiling.

Result is: the figures being roughed out in this post arenā€™t materially less accurate than when we get ā€œofficialā€ EPA range. More accurate maybe, but not less precise.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
having a truck with less range than a sedan doesn't make a whole lot of sense..

But yep, if you assume that @77KW it will take 55 minutes to fill 29%, that works out to about 260 KWH for 100%. I know from experience, Tesla does not factor in the charging curve when it estimates your time remaining, and much like your windows download bar it uses the current speed to estimate total time. So i think this is a more reliable estimate than the 16 mi = 6% range (which would give you around 260 total miles of range).

And @CyberGus had a good point: if 77KW means 71mi/h , the math is definitely very funky here. Math is a lot easier to make funky than not, but i am sure that this was done on purpose.. And ofcourse this lines up with the trip estimate: 16 mi is 6% @1kw/mile and a 250 KW pack! Maybe they were doing some spirited driving? In my model 3 i use over 500WH/mile, this morning was 539 and an average of 90 MPH over 15 minutes to work. In a heavy truck, if you averaged 100MPH i could see you using 1wh per mile..

So in other words, we still know nothing. Patience, young padawans!

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
having a truck with less range than a sedan doesn't make a whole lot of sense..

But yep, if you assume that @77KW it will take 55 minutes to fill 29%, that works out to about 260 KWH for 100%. I know from experience, Tesla does not factor in the charging curve when it estimates your time remaining, and much like your windows download bar it uses the current speed to estimate total time. So i think this is a more reliable estimate than the 16 mi = 6% range (which would give you around 260 total miles of range).

And @CyberGus had a good point: if 77KW means 71mi/h , the math is definitely very funky here. Math is a lot easier to make funky than not, but i am sure that this was done on purpose.. And ofcourse this lines up with the trip estimate: 16 mi is 6% @1kw/mile and a 250 KW pack! Maybe they were doing some spirited driving? In my model 3 i use over 500WH/mile, this morning was 539 and an average of 90 MPH over 15 minutes to work. In a heavy truck, if you averaged 100MPH i could see you using 1wh per mile..

So in other words, we still know nothing. Patience, young padawans!
If it would have a 260kWh pack it would not have any payload left...or bed space.
No way at all this is ever going to happen. An you use 500Wh/mile? Only if your towing right?
I think you might need a new hobby. :)

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
If it would have a 260kWh pack it would not have any payload left...or bed space.
No way at all this is ever going to happen. An you use 500Wh/mile? Only if your towing right?
I think you might need a new hobby. :)
I go through hobbies like underwear, which one do you mean? Everything is relative, and everyone is different. I think a 250 KW pack is entirely possible. Only two more weeks left until we know for sure!

Tesla Cybertruck Videos: best look yet @ interior, folded-up backseat, tonneau cover, display screen UI, range meter Screenshot_20231115_073229_TezLab

Tesla Cybertruck Videos: best look yet @ interior, folded-up backseat, tonneau cover, display screen UI, range meter Screenshot_20231115_072118_TezLab

Tesla Cybertruck Videos: best look yet @ interior, folded-up backseat, tonneau cover, display screen UI, range meter Screenshot_20231018_051402_TezLab

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 6.55.33ā€ÆPM.jpg

I'm hoping the "Open" "Close" buttons are for the midgate

šŸ¤“
I am stunned that it took to the 6th page of this thread before anyone commented on that image!!šŸ˜€

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I think tooth-fairies are entirely possible

On each of our thinkings, it means itā€™s possible tooth-fairies could buy a Cybertruck with a 250kWh pack!

Amazing world we live in!
what a time to be alive!

bookmarking this one too :p i think this is clear evidence that there will be a pack over 200kwh in size.. And JB's own post on the 4680 pack shows how a 185kw pack would fit (with ~+10-20% room to spare, if you ask me). and that was single layer, nothing stopping them from adding a backpack.
Sponsored