Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Maybe Tesla purposefully doesn’t list accurate info on the screen for any leaked images/video. That remaining time 55min doesn’t make sense. Maybe explains why some testers get stranded with skewed info haha.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
That means without knowing the altitude of the destination and traffic conditions, and local wind conditions, and a few other variables, you cannot calculate the total range from that information.
Tesla Cybertruck Videos: best look yet @ interior, folded-up backseat, tonneau cover, display screen UI, range meter Screenshot 2023-11-14 234548

I think i got the route. If the video was from the last two days around 2:30pm, the temperatures have been mild (mid 60s) and wind 2-4mph headwind for ~50-60% of the drive.

Still too many unknowns to nail down an EPA rated range but low 300s makes sense.

Definitely the Goodyears, but a dual motor - the tri / white interior is WHITE-white

in any event, yours is a good rough guestimate, though lots of variables (like the tires) could move these guesstimate around materially - PSI in the tires, this guy driving it like it’s stolen, or the UI not being fully dialed in

also, since we don’t know what build this truck is (eg one of the firsts 5 months ago, or one from last week), it’s possible Tesla has made some incremental gains to the total kWh since then

That said, the inferences you make are useful to the extent of what the UI data is NOT showing us: any reasonable way it’s >400mi pack

that’s what this leak really has against it (in that photos/video of the interior/UI are a no-no … much less a TikTok reel with 2019 data color commentary)
^^^^ Agree.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Preconditioning is meaningless if it's already received 50kW from the charger. It would of "conditioned" in that time.
That's true, I forgot to consider that detail. That would be a very low charge rate at only 71% SoC if the production versions are like that which, of course, seems highly improbable.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Have a play with ABRP and change the mi/kWh value, and you will see the sensitivities of EV range first hand, especially if you add highway speed miles.
Set at 110% Speed Limit but there way also traffic at that time of the day that ABRP isnt using.
Tesla Cybertruck Videos: best look yet @ interior, folded-up backseat, tonneau cover, display screen UI, range meter Screenshot 2023-11-15 003039

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
Overall I would take the display values with a bag of salt.

First of all there are some undefined variables, but most obvious is that the values on screen do not line up with expectations at all. That 55minute left value is way off at 71% and is unacceptably high to complete the charge to 100%. That is more than the total charge time of any other Tesla.

That being said, everyone needs to realise that all Teslas under perform their EPA rating by a healthy margin, but that is already factored into the navigation to make sure people make it to a SC.

That means in turn, that if you get a 350mile EPA range CT, expect about 315miles in real driving, and if you have 300miles EPA expect around 270miles. Which by all counts would be right on the money at your calculated 267miles.

Have a play with ABRP and change the mi/kWh value, and you will see the sensitivities of EV range first hand, especially if you add highway speed miles.

I'd also like to point out that the added mass and the added drag of the CT will add to it's range variability, and will make driving styles even more relevant to achieve range.
Oh yeah, I've been playing with ABRP for years and we all know the range on Tesla's is less than advertised. Kind of why I'm banking on a 500 mile version, that gives me *real* 450 mile range in perfectly ideal conditions. But I have to keep reminding myself that not everyone needs to use the truck for towing long distances. My specific use case was wanting to tow for 6-8hours with less than 2 SC stops. At 60-65mph, that would cover my preferred distance. Thanks for doing all the math. I swear, at this rate, we'll know everything before the 30th:ROFLMAO:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Let's say it together... Would have.... Would have... Would've is a valid contraction.
Now, don't we all sound a little smarter?

And yes, I can be an ass at times. I can also be wrong at times. But, let's not dumb things down too much. Well, except for jokes.
A guy told me the easiest word in the world to spell was ICY. I thought about it and I see why.
😃

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-11-14 234548.png

I think i got the route. If the video was from the last two days around 2:30pm, the temperatures have been mild (mid 60s) and wind 2-4mph headwind for ~50-60% of the drive.

Still too many unknowns to nail down an EPA rated range but low 300s makes sense.
I would assume EPA consumption in the 3xx Wh/mile range so nothing to be learned here, especially considering we know all Cybertrucks are running non-release versions of software and you can't even click on the battery icon to switch to miles remaining (from SoC percent).

Who knows how else they nerfed the software to foil "reverse engineering" from the screen numbers and keep us guessing until the actual release versions are available?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
OMG the audio of that video had me struggling for the volume control on the first watch, couldn't even notice the details
Never thought I'd be glad that the wife has DWTS in the back ground while I watched it on silent....:cool:

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Set at 110% Speed Limit but there way also traffic at that time of the day that ABRP isnt using.
Screenshot 2023-11-15 003039.png
7.2kWh used with a 6% depletion would yield a 120kWh pack. Reversing this again yields 267mi. If we use 2.5mi/kWh then that should be 300mi even. Switch out the ATs for street tires and the range should definitely be north of the 300 mark, possibly approaching 350.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh yeah, I've been playing with ABRP for years and we all know the range on Tesla's is less than advertised.
That's not true. Tesla only publishes the EPA rated range and if you drive it like the EPA test cycles, in the EPA conditions, it will return the rated range when new. Some will be a mile or two high and some will be a mile or two low, even if every variable is corrected for, but the EPA test cycles are very tightly controlled for rates of acceleration, speeds and time stopped.

So, Tesla does not advertise more range than the cars can deliver. Under ideal conditions they can nearly double their EPA rated range, under most real-world situations you will be below the EPA range. That's largely true of not only all EV's, but also all gas cars too.
Sponsored